New member question about rear axle nut

Just_G

Equipment
Kubota L3240, Kubota RTV1100
Jul 19, 2012
Alexandria, LA
Today I've been trying to remove the nut on the center of the rear wheel, but I can't get the thing off. (It does come off doesn't it?)

I have to replace the hub.

EDIT: Sorry about that. It's a Kubota RTV1100. Here are some pictures.

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
A little more info please..... model of tractor? Pics always help also.

Breeze

Equipment
L3700, Box Grader, 60" Bush Hog, Rear Grader Blade, York Rake, Boom Pole.
Dec 24, 2010
Virgin Islands
I don't see any rust so it should come off.

I'd go for something a bit more powerful than a box end wrench though such as a 1/2" drive socket and breaker bar. Make sure you look at the exposed threads for a hint as to whether it is RH or LH threads.

Keep in mind that it probably should be torqued to a particular value, when reassembled but given the castle nut and cotter pin, close is probably good enough.

Just_G

Equipment
Kubota L3240, Kubota RTV1100
Jul 19, 2012
Alexandria, LA
I don't see any rust so it should come off.

I'd go for something a bit more powerful than a box end wrench though such as a 1/2" drive socket and breaker bar. Make sure you look at the exposed threads for a hint as to whether it is RH or LH threads.

Keep in mind that it probably should be torqued to a particular value, when reassembled but given the castle nut and cotter pin, close is probably good enough.
Thank you very much for your response. I'm only too happy to purchase more tools. I'll see if anyone around here sells 30mm sockets to use with that breaker bar.

It's good to find a website like this one where people have good suggestions.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
My Yamaha Rhino uses a similar setup & can only be loosened with an impact wrench. (air or electric) Then it must be re-torqued on assembly, to about 180ft lbs, if memory serves.