New Lx2610 Paint question

GA Farms

Equipment
Lx2610
Jan 23, 2024
canada
Good Evening Recieved my New Lx2610 from the dealer. all is good and well! and have already put nearly 10 hours on it. Cleaned a much needed area up.
Wife pointed out on any photos we take of the tractor there is a major difference in paint color from tractor to the FEL or backhoe including subframe is this a norm? Body appears more Red while everything else is a nice orange. also looking up manufacture date shows 2022 of Nov.
1706078440782.png

Also any suggestions for rops matching paint (close enough is good enough) making some LEW brackets. Dealer wants nearly $25 a can

Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Good Evening Recieved my New Lx2610 from the dealer. all is good and well! and have already put nearly 10 hours on it. Cleaned a much needed area up.
Wife pointed out on any photos we take of the tractor there is a major difference in paint color from tractor to the FEL or backhoe including subframe is this a norm? Body appears more Red while everything else is a nice orange. also looking up manufacture date shows 2022 of Nov.
View attachment 120940

Also any suggestions for rops matching paint (close enough is good enough) making some LEW brackets. Dealer wants nearly $25 a can

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
The “rattle-can” Rustoleum is the best product in my opinion.

I am rather surprised (and dissatisfied)* with the mis-match of paint color between the tractor and the implements. I don’t know what solution might look like for you tho’…. not only because the customer has already accepted the machine…but because, even if it had been rejected I don’t know if a delayed delivery would have been satisfactory…. or (and this is a question to “GA Farms”)…. Was this tractor already on the dealer’s lot ..?? and were the implements already installed..?? Or was the tractor ordered and implements installed from existing stock..??

…or something other…?

* on the other hand, there are a lot of tractors in the world with different colors implements such as a Kubota with another brand loader (black) or shredder (Yellow) etc etc. I think that mismatch is less objectionable to the eye than a “close” mis-match for some reason.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Congrats on the new machine!

I have noticed that Kubota paint is kind of "all over" the place in regard to paint matching.

So in short, what you have is a "normal Kubota".

I went to a local automotive paint supplier to mix me up some touch up paint. They had a 2 quart minimum, but it was a "dead-nuts, spot on" match for my machine.

Kubota Paint Engineers at the bar.....

1706094319404.png

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
yeesh even my old eyes can see a HUGE difference in the colours ! I have to assume the OP didn't see it at the dealer like that ? I'm under the impression loader was made in USA, tractor in Japan,so a SLIGHT paint diff is possible.
It'd be interesting to have an auto paint supplier 'shoot' the two and see the 'numbers' of the colours ! I'd also think Kubota would like to help as EVERYONE can see the glaring problem. Hay, if they can't get the paint right, what else is wrong ??

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
View attachment 120940

Kubota paint is well known for fading due to exposure to sunlight.

Could be that FEL and/or BH sat outside in sun for some time before sale and attachment.

Amarillo

Equipment
MX6000 w/ LA1065, tiller, disc, core aerator, box blade, shredder, Blast Sprayer
Jan 10, 2023
Amarillo, TX
I've been using the "MAJIC" brand "Kubota Orange" from Tractor Supply. It's more cost efficient compared to Rustoleum and seems to match up well. I just painted an air blast sprayer that I refurbished and the bucket on the FEL after welding on some hooks. I can try to take a picture to compare if you would like. I used a rattle can of it on the bucket and a 1 gallon can of it on the sprayer. The ROPS is a shade of black so that will be different.

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I've been using the "MAJIC" brand "Kubota Orange" from Tractor Supply. It's more cost efficient compared to Rustoleum and seems to match up well. I just painted an air blast sprayer that I refurbished and the bucket on the FEL after welding on some hooks. I can try to take a picture to compare if you would like. I used a rattle can of it on the bucket and a 1 gallon can of it on the sprayer. The ROPS is a shade of black so that will be different.
While sprayed paint is better than rattle cans, the Magic junk sold by TSC is about the worst quality paint on the market.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
I purchased mine June 2020 and it has a slightly different hue sometimes depending on the lighting and angle, but not as much as what I see in yours. I'm "guessing" that all of us have a little variation but something changed and it's much more pronounced now. Hopefully, you'll find someone (maybe regional rep) who might be able to shed some light on this. As others have said, different factories and probably different paint?

1706117347503.png

Amarillo

Equipment
MX6000 w/ LA1065, tiller, disc, core aerator, box blade, shredder, Blast Sprayer
Jan 10, 2023
Amarillo, TX
While sprayed paint is better than rattle cans, the Magic junk sold by TSC is about the worst quality paint on the market.
Really..... I am curious as to what your experience has been with it and why you have that opinion. I haven't had it on my implements for very long but it seems to be decent stuff to me.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Really..... I am curious as to what your experience has been with it and why you have that opinion. I haven't had it on my implements for very long but it seems to be decent stuff to me.
I compared sprayed Valspar to sprayed Magic.
IMHO Valspar is a superior product, and far more durable (hardner used).

The Loader/tractor mismatch described in posts above, is likely due to the fact that Kubota tractors are built/painted in Japan.
Kubota loaders are built/painted in Georgia.

Amarillo

Equipment
Jan 10, 2023
Amarillo, TX
I compared sprayed Valspar to sprayed Magic.
IMHO Valspar is a superior product, and far more durable (hardner used).

The Loader/tractor mismatch described in posts above, is likely due to the fact that Kubota tractors are built/painted in Japan.
Kubota loaders are built/painted in Georgia.
Good to know. I'll have to keep an eye on my sprayed implements. Could you find a Valspar color that matched up with Kubota orange?

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Good to know. I'll have to keep an eye on my sprayed implements. Could you find a Valspar color that matched up with Kubota orange?
I did find a Valspar color that was a perfect match for "Kubota #2"
That was 3 years ago though, and I can't seem to find it now.
Fortunately I don't need it now

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
View attachment 120940

I have not noticed any difference in the paint colors on my one year old lx2610. If trying to obtain paint you are restricted to what is available here in Canada. Other than the dealer the orange is available from Home Hardware. I also had them scan my gray hitch parts to mix up some metal paint. Color match gray in spray cans can also be obtained from auto paint suppliers.

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I have not noticed any difference in the paint colors on my one year old lx2610. If trying to obtain paint you are restricted to what is available here in Canada. Other than the dealer the orange is available from Home Hardware. I also had them scan my gray hitch parts to mix up some metal paint. Color match gray in spray cans can also be obtained from auto paint suppliers.
I doubt that the HH Kubota orange paint is (consumer) available in Canada, in anything other than rattle cans.

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
I doubt that the HH Kubota orange paint is (consumer) available in Canada, in anything other than rattle cans.
Available in 4 ltr as well as 1 ltr cans along with spray cans. I have seen it in our local store.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, 1951 Farmall M, 1967 John Deere 110 Rf, 2010 Arctic Cat 700
Apr 25, 2023
WI
I paint all my implements either with rattle cans or paint brushes. The running gear was fleet farm rattle cans. It turned out the best and hasn't peeled, cracked or faded.
Screenshot_20200408-054531_Photos.jpg

These other implements. I used tsc brush on paint. The colors were off, very runny, and faded bad.
20220824_193918.jpg

20230116_213533.jpg

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Maybe their off brand stuff is junk, but I’ve always had very good and lasting results with a Rustoleum paint product. I haven’t painted on a tractor, but I have used it on implements and it holds up well.