New L3901, New to Tractors/ PTO question

louky

Equipment
buying
Nov 2, 2014
louisville ky
Just starting to learn how to use this tractor and am really thankful that there is a forum such as this to help with newbie questions. I bought a set of Pat's QH for the tractor. After mowing this weekend, I decided to install them and the installation went well. I was able to hook up and use my box blade, then tried to switch to my disk (older implement) Turns out my top link is too short to let the disk be leveled. I understand I can get a longer top link but all this got me wondering about the PTO shaft overlap, which I obviously decreased by 4 inches or so. I can gain this back by using a PTO adapter as mentioned in other posts, but some people seem to warn against it (and I'm not sure why).

Has anyone used these and have an opinion on it? I sure wouldn't want to damage the tractor or cause warranty issues.

If I decide to get one of these, could you tell me the size, spline, specs? I am not where the tractor is, and want to order the part to have with me the next time I go to use it. Would this one work on an L3901? http://www.agrisupply.com/pto-adapter/p/11971/

Thanks, in advance.

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
Just starting to learn how to use this tractor and am really thankful that there is a forum such as this to help with newbie questions. I bought a set of Pat's QH for the tractor. After mowing this weekend, I decided to install them and the installation went well. I was able to hook up and use my box blade, then tried to switch to my disk (older implement) Turns out my top link is too short to let the disk be leveled. I understand I can get a longer top link but all this got me wondering about the PTO shaft overlap, which I obviously decreased by 4 inches or so. I can gain this back by using a PTO adapter as mentioned in other posts, but some people seem to warn against it (and I'm not sure why).

Has anyone used these and have an opinion on it? I sure wouldn't want to damage the tractor or cause warranty issues.

If I decide to get one of these, could you tell me the size, spline, specs? I am not where the tractor is, and want to order the part to have with me the next time I go to use it. Would this one work on an L3901? http://www.agrisupply.com/pto-adapter/p/11971/

Thanks, in advance.
Louky,

Yes, we have a set of Pat's quick hitches installed on our L3700SU (same as L3800). I did purchase the longer top link.

If you get the longer top link you will be able to level your disk.

The only thing we didn't get from Pat's is their "distance setting tool." I just marked up a dowel with the various 3 point implements...easy.

IMO don't think it's a good idea to mess with your 3Pt take off distance. I recommend using the longer top link.

Our setup is easy enough for my wife to change implements by herself. Oh yes, did I mention that we also have a set of Hodges stabilizers? You can find them on this site.

Burt

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
Pats also offers a weld on version. I also have a 3700SU which I used the weld on ones and made a set of rigid stabilizers. This works great. No length added to the arms so all shafts are good to go. Need to figure out how to post pictures.

louky

Equipment
buying
Nov 2, 2014
louisville ky
Sammy3700: I would like to see a pic of your setup, and especially the stabilizers.

cmorris1: Just now saw your post. Glad to hear you're near me. I will be PM'ing you a question.