New Kubota ZG 222 Z And custom bumper

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
I love the smell of fresh orange:D
Last week our local Kubota dealer delivered our new ZG 222 Z. This is the second machine we purchased from them in less than a year and I have to say it's because of the great service they have given us.

I got an opportunity to use the new mower and all I can say is WOW! It's only going to be used for my private use and I can do all my mowing in 1.5 hours on a regular ride on mower but with all the trees, shrubs and plants that's around the zero turn will make it easier and much more fun to do now.

I've added a few things to the mower to "dress" it up a bit such as a scoop on the engine hood. Some lettering and black trim around various parts of the machine. One thing that I felt it really needed was a rear bumper so seeing it was raining yesterday I decided to play in the shop.

I didn't realize it would take me 11 hours to build, paint and install the bumper but it's done now and I'm happy with it.

I designed the bumper so that would attach to the existing counter weight bolts. When I build anything I like to do it without altering the machine if possable. I also figured I would add a removable hitch although I doubt very much I will ever pull anything with it seeing I still have my Craftsman tractor and that tractor only pulls a small dump cart at times.

I started out with some thick wall 1 7/8 th OD pipe. Bent it and then put it in the bead blaster to remove the mill scale from it. I cut the area that would be the spot for the hitch tong. I figured I should machine and tap two spacers to weld into the pipe to prevent it from the possibility of collapsing if the bolts were put on to tight.

I capped the ends of the pipe and tig welded most of it but some areas were mig welded as well.

After I painted it and installed it I was very happy to see just how strong it is so the time spent wasn't wasted in my opinion. I attached lots of picture to bore you all with. Thanks again to Todd Fisher at Newfoundland Kubota for the outstanding service and a great machine.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Curbster

Equipment
L-185 DT
Feb 19, 2009
Nelson, B.C.
Nice Job!! Great tools and machines you have in your garage, and of course, better yet, you obviously know how to use them. The driveway looks wet - is it raining again on the " rock " ? If so, send some out here as we're burning up again this summer!

Wildfire

Equipment
Wildfire,

Another amazing upgrade and re-fit! That nerf bumper/hitch is OE quality! I love the Auto Vent Shade scoop and the Escalade Cowl Vents.

I once painted and installed a real cool satin black aluminum spoiler on my 1973 Chevy Shortbox Van. It was on the roof, at the back of the van just above the rear doors. My wife nearly killed me and the kids would't ride in it with me. That was many years ago. You've inspired me once again.

I guess my wife never saw the van Mr. T was driving in the TV show, the "A" Team!
Thanks Vic. I was just wanted to juice it up a bit but I really think these things needed a bumper and seeing I couldn't purchase one I had to fabricate it. Maybe I c
should have went with a spolier like you did with the van :D I was going to paint the vent shade orange to match the rest of the mower but the grey matched the grey on the mower so I left it as it is. Thanks for your comment. Paul

Nice Job!! Great tools and machines you have in your garage, and of course, better yet, you obviously know how to use them. The driveway looks wet - is it raining again on the " rock " ? If so, send some out here as we're burning up again this summer!
Thanks Curbster. Yes there's a few tools kicking around here. Need them to make a living other than that I wouldn't have them but there nice to have when you need to build the special things I like to do. It was raining here this weekend so It gave me the opertunity to do this little project. We have had very little rain on this end and as a matter of fact there's a water ban on here for us because the pond where we get our water is very low.

Sorry to hear about the fires you people are having there. It's very upsetting to see that going on. You folks will be in our prayers and we hope you will get plenty of rain to stop the fires. Thanks for your post sir. Paul

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
You could mass produce these, put them on Ebay and add several thousand to your income yearly. Very professional job, better than OE in my opinion Wildfire. I love fresh orange paint too.... ole Ob1..:D

Wildfire

Equipment
Thanks guys. Glad you enjoyed viewing it. The bumper worked out great. I can do my yard work now useing the trailer with the Zero turn. I've added a 12 volt accessory plug to the thing and a couple of stainless hub caps to juice it up a bit :D

Attachments

rba901

Equipment
L35, ZG222a
Oct 22, 2023
Arcadia, NSW, Australia
Love that rear bar, I am hopefully having my ZG222 delivered this week, would love a bar like that to protect the new machine. So appreciate photos for inspiration.