May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Messick's posted a video of new equipment coming in 2024

will721

Equipment
LX2610, Ford 2n, Ferguson TO20
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area
I'd kill for an RTV, especially at work. I don't understand why most sxs vehicles utility or not struggle with basic functions. Like having a good heater. Many on the market still lack it and it isn't rocket science. Especially when A/C is optional and mostly a completely seperate unit. Or headlights for that matter on off highway equipment in general. My lx headlights are terrible without upgrades, my Rhino is usless. At work we have a huge variety of equipment and all the factory lighting is usesless without supplemental lighting. We have a large fleet of toro workmans and they are the worst. Blind the hell out of anyone on coming while somehow projecting virtually zero light.

Props to Kubota for addressing these issues, but when small basic functions like that can be solved with less than $100 orders from Amazon or Ebay it just baffles me why in 2023 we are still having to improve this crap.

Reactions: 1 user

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
The recall on the SideKick is for steering play, that's a totally different model than the diesels discussed in the video.
Steering shaft breaking, floor mats, seat belt, defective exhaust, fire hazards etc, many consumers complaining of transmission issues, overheating & lose of power issues.

And many dealers didn't get thier side by side inventories this year till summer because....?

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
Mine has been need perfect. Lots of power, lots of traction with the job site tires, Heat and a/c work great. It can be stiff to get in gear some times, but it seems like kubota is working on that.

There was a recall for the floor mat, but that was just from people not cleaning the mud from around the speed control peddle.

MessickFarmEqu

Apr 16, 2010
PA
And many dealers didn't get thier side by side inventories this year till summer because....?
because when there is a CPSC safty thing going they stop shipments.

your mixing and matching issues that exist on different models. SideKicks have a safty campain going for steering. x900 has a floor mat and seat belt check some years back. All this stuff has CPSC safty stuff tied to it. It happens all the time in powersports. I have a Polaris RZR200 that has to be parked right now because of something with the steering box.

Last edited:

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
because when there is a CPSC safty thing going they stop shipments.

your mixing and matching issues that exist on different models. SideKicks have a safty campain going for steering. x900 has a floor mat and seat belt check some years back. All this stuff has CPSC safty stuff tied to it. It happens all the time in powersports. I have a Polaris RZR200 that has to be parked right now because of something with the steering box.

Sir, in general numerous models has had problems; period.

I know serveral folks that had own them and currently own them. This is one Orange product that I would Never buy. Thank you.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Sir, in general numerous models has had problems; period.

I know serveral folks that had own them and currently own them. This is one Orange product that I would Never buy. Thank you.
Yet we have sold hundreds of diesel RTVs over the past few years that have had 0 issues other than the floor mat recall.

Reactions: 2 users