New Kubota Attachment Delays?

Shoreliner

Equipment
BX1880V-1
Nov 4, 2022
Massachusetts
jyoutz, Hmm... Interesting point. My nephew built a small deck out of that plastic wood this summer. I will have to ask him if he's got a 48" long piece left over. Thanks!

Stew, nice job on that! It looks like you have a square edge, but on the Maywes website, they recommend a tapered edge for a bucket (and a square edge for a plow). Have you noticed any plowing issues with your square edge? Or does it make no difference?

JimDel, thanks for the tip! At least it looks like these plastic edges last a long time.

Mrlunchbox, Nope, I've never heard of Ahern until just recently but I do have a friend who lives in Spencer. I might check them out in person next time I'm in town. The fun thing is that I only live 7 miles from my nearest dealer and that's who I bought my tractor from. I don't want to cast any stones at my dealer because I really do like their Service and Parts Departments (they've always come through for me), but the Sales Dept. is apparently being kept in the dark by Kubota. I just can't understand why there's been no word in over 6 months...and thus, this thread. ;)

Reactions: 1 user

Stew

Equipment
BX1880
Jun 8, 2018
MA
jyoutz, Hmm... Interesting point. My nephew built a small deck out of that plastic wood this summer. I will have to ask him if he's got a 48" long piece left over. Thanks!

Stew, nice job on that! It looks like you have a square edge, but on the Maywes website, they recommend a tapered edge for a bucket (and a square edge for a plow). Have you noticed any plowing issues with your square edge? Or does it make no difference?

JimDel, thanks for the tip! At least it looks like these plastic edges last a long time.

Mrlunchbox, Nope, I've never heard of Ahern until just recently but I do have a friend who lives in Spencer. I might check them out in person next time I'm in town. The fun thing is that I only live 7 miles from my nearest dealer and that's who I bought my tractor from. I don't want to cast any stones at my dealer because I really do like their Service and Parts Departments (they've always come through for me), but the Sales Dept. is apparently being kept in the dark by Kubota. I just can't understand why there's been no word in over 6 months...and thus, this thread. ;)
For snow removal, there's no issue with a squared off edge. Even hardpacked snow rolls up fine into the bucket. The bucket fills up fast when there's more than a couple inches so it's never going to compare to your future snowblower.

Reactions: 1 users

RBsingl

Equipment
Kubota F 2690 72" rear discharge deck, Deere 955
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
I ordered a F2690 with 72" rear discharge from my dealer in June. The 2690 was on the lot when I made the deal but still waiting on the deck so that they can deliver everything.

Today I got an email from the dealer that they have special pricing on servicing for winterizing equipment. IF I actually had the equipment, I might actually be interested :)

Rodger

Shoreliner

Equipment
BX1880V-1
Nov 4, 2022
Massachusetts
Some good news: my nephew had a 48" long piece of plastic deck board left over from his porch rebuilding. A perfect fit! Now I just have to take off my Piranha Tooth Bar and my Kubota cutting edge, drill some holes in the plastic wood, and see if this thing will work.

Reactions: 1 users

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
Madison,Pa.
Some good news: my nephew had a 48" long piece of plastic deck board left over from his porch rebuilding. A perfect fit! Now I just have to take off my Piranha Tooth Bar and my Kubota cutting edge, drill some holes in the plastic wood, and see if this thing will work.
I tried the plastic deck boards. It shattered after a few uses. YMMV!

Shoreliner

Equipment
BX1880V-1
Nov 4, 2022
Massachusetts
JimDeL, did you bevel it on the top or bottom? Would it make any difference?

leveraddict, Oh, great. 😐 Well, I can just put it on and see what happens, I guess. Thanks for the warning!