New Kubota Attachment Delays?

Shoreliner

Equipment
BX1880V-1
Nov 4, 2022
Massachusetts
jyoutz, Hmm... Interesting point. My nephew built a small deck out of that plastic wood this summer. I will have to ask him if he's got a 48" long piece left over. Thanks!

Stew, nice job on that! It looks like you have a square edge, but on the Maywes website, they recommend a tapered edge for a bucket (and a square edge for a plow). Have you noticed any plowing issues with your square edge? Or does it make no difference?

JimDel, thanks for the tip! At least it looks like these plastic edges last a long time.

Mrlunchbox, Nope, I've never heard of Ahern until just recently but I do have a friend who lives in Spencer. I might check them out in person next time I'm in town. The fun thing is that I only live 7 miles from my nearest dealer and that's who I bought my tractor from. I don't want to cast any stones at my dealer because I really do like their Service and Parts Departments (they've always come through for me), but the Sales Dept. is apparently being kept in the dark by Kubota. I just can't understand why there's been no word in over 6 months...and thus, this thread. ;)

Reactions: 1 user

Stew

Equipment
BX1880
Jun 8, 2018
MA
jyoutz, Hmm... Interesting point. My nephew built a small deck out of that plastic wood this summer. I will have to ask him if he's got a 48" long piece left over. Thanks!

Stew, nice job on that! It looks like you have a square edge, but on the Maywes website, they recommend a tapered edge for a bucket (and a square edge for a plow). Have you noticed any plowing issues with your square edge? Or does it make no difference?

JimDel, thanks for the tip! At least it looks like these plastic edges last a long time.

Mrlunchbox, Nope, I've never heard of Ahern until just recently but I do have a friend who lives in Spencer. I might check them out in person next time I'm in town. The fun thing is that I only live 7 miles from my nearest dealer and that's who I bought my tractor from. I don't want to cast any stones at my dealer because I really do like their Service and Parts Departments (they've always come through for me), but the Sales Dept. is apparently being kept in the dark by Kubota. I just can't understand why there's been no word in over 6 months...and thus, this thread. ;)
For snow removal, there's no issue with a squared off edge. Even hardpacked snow rolls up fine into the bucket. The bucket fills up fast when there's more than a couple inches so it's never going to compare to your future snowblower.

Reactions: 1 users

RBsingl

Equipment
Kubota F 2690 72" rear discharge deck, Deere 955
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
I ordered a F2690 with 72" rear discharge from my dealer in June. The 2690 was on the lot when I made the deal but still waiting on the deck so that they can deliver everything.

Today I got an email from the dealer that they have special pricing on servicing for winterizing equipment. IF I actually had the equipment, I might actually be interested :)

Rodger

Shoreliner

Equipment
BX1880V-1
Nov 4, 2022
Massachusetts
Some good news: my nephew had a 48" long piece of plastic deck board left over from his porch rebuilding. A perfect fit! Now I just have to take off my Piranha Tooth Bar and my Kubota cutting edge, drill some holes in the plastic wood, and see if this thing will work.

Reactions: 2 users

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Some good news: my nephew had a 48" long piece of plastic deck board left over from his porch rebuilding. A perfect fit! Now I just have to take off my Piranha Tooth Bar and my Kubota cutting edge, drill some holes in the plastic wood, and see if this thing will work.
I tried the plastic deck boards. It shattered after a few uses. YMMV!

Shoreliner

Equipment
BX1880V-1
Nov 4, 2022
Massachusetts
JimDeL, did you bevel it on the top or bottom? Would it make any difference?

leveraddict, Oh, great. 😐 Well, I can just put it on and see what happens, I guess. Thanks for the warning!

Cag

Equipment
Kubota
Feb 20, 2023
Wisconsin
I’m a new owner as well ordered my backhoe attachment in November of 21 and still haven’t seen it. Lots of calls to Kubota and visits to the dealership and they don’t seem to care and don’t know when it will be in.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I’m a new owner as well ordered my backhoe attachment in November of 21 and still haven’t seen it. Lots of calls to Kubota and visits to the dealership and they don’t seem to care and don’t know when it will be in.
........... "ordered my backhoe attachment in November of 21" ?
Tell me it ain't so !!!!!

Shoreliner

Equipment
BX1880V-1
Nov 4, 2022
Massachusetts
UPDATE (March 9, 2023): Hey, I just got a call from my Kubota dealer -- my BX2830 "commercial" front snowblower and my RCK48 48" mid-mount mower have arrived! Finally, over 10 months after I ordered (and paid for) them. Woohoo! 🥳 They said that the bower's cutting edge and plastic skid shoes are still on back order (because of course), but that the rest (BX2810 4 Point Front Hitch, BX2811 K-Connect PTO system) is here. Hal-a-frickin'-loo-ya.

I have been extremely fortunate this year with snow. We've only had a few storms (the Boston area averages 41 inches of snow per winter and so far we've only had 11). I was able to hand shovel the 1" or 2" on my driveway each time rather than having to use my bucket with a jury-rigged piece of plastic decking wood in place of the cutting edge. Other than starting my tractor every so often and running around the yard & fields for fun, I haven't used it at all this winter.

Now I just have to arrange for the dealer to come get my BX1880 and have them do the things they need to do to get my attachments...well, attached.

It also looks like I'm going to have to get serious about selling my old Wheel Horse C-120 and Allis-Chalmers (really a Simplicty) B-10 with attachments, both purchased new by my grandfathers back in 1977 and 1964, respectively. I need the room!

Shoreliner

Equipment
BX1880V-1
Nov 4, 2022
Massachusetts
UPDATE (April 10, 2023): It took almost a year from the day I ordered them, but my snowblower and 48" mower deck were delivered today. Finally. All told, it was about 50 weeks from ordering to delivery.

I also bought LandPride forks PFL12-42 so I can move the attachments around, etc. I was smart and ordered what my dealer had in stock, so no waiting for this one.

It's been an adventure, but my attachment-buying days are over for the time being. We'll see how many others end up in or near my shed, but it won't be for a while.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
UPDATE (April 10, 2023): It took almost a year from the day I ordered them, but my snowblower and 48" mower deck were delivered today. Finally. All told, it was about 50 weeks from ordering to delivery.

I also bought LandPride forks PFL12-42 so I can move the attachments around, etc. I was smart and ordered what my dealer had in stock, so no waiting for this one.

It's been an adventure, but my attachment-buying days are over for the time being. We'll see how many others end up in or near my shed, but it won't be for a while.
For attachment needs in the future, you might consider "Everything Attachments" in Conover, NC.
They are a manufacturer of very high quality attachments, (no China) ship free (most of MA), and no tax.
I have EA forks, and 6 Way Deluxe Scrape Blade.
Both are top quality.

EA had long delays in past, but has greatly expanded mfg. capability, with order delays apparently no longer an issue.

Not sure though, just what EA does make that is small enough to use with the BX1880 size sub compacts.

Last edited:

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I worry a bit about those who expanded manufacturing. I think the demand that we have is temporary, a downturn will leave lots of dealers with inventory, so they'll stop ordering. A small slowdown at the retail end can turn into a big slowdown up the supply chain.

EA should be OK, they've got a good reputation and can probably sell everything they make. Some of the others may find it tough.

Shoreliner

Equipment
BX1880V-1
Nov 4, 2022
Massachusetts
fried1765,
Thanks for the recommendation for EA! I've gone through their website and have noted several attachments that are for smaller sub-compacts. They have a garden plow, a grapple, and several others that they recommend for BX's, so I'll keep my eye on that.

PaulL,
Yep, the same thing is happening in my line of work.

Reactions: 1 user