New Kubota 2670 owner.

Charlie5320

Equipment
BX2670
Jan 8, 2018
Springfield, IL.
Hi, just purchased a BX2670 with 340 hrs right before Christmas. I picked up a BX5450 blower for it last Friday but the PO had it on a B2620. The quick hitch is much longer than the one for a BX so there my be some problems installing it. I'm also picking up a brand new front blade for it tomorrow. The guy I'm buying it from bought his tractor from the dealer I bought from. The dealer turned me on to this guy about the blade. He has never installed it on his tractor. Hoping the quick hitch that comes with the blade will work on both the blade and the blower. I bought both the blower and the blade cheaper than I could have bought the blade from the dealer. I've never seen the blade so I don't even know what size it is, but it was bought for a BX2670. I've been a AC Simplicity owner for the last 40 years and currently have a couple legacys. One with a 20hp Kawasaki and one with a 25 hp Kohler. My son-in-law has a B2710 and I've ran it in the past. Nice tractor but a little too big for me.

Attachments

Last edited:

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the OTT forum Charlie. We are glad that you joined and started right with some pictures.

So, which of the many Springfield's are you from, IL, MO, TN or VA?

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
For the blade, if the quick hitch is for a bx, it will do both blade and blower. I start with blade, then blower when it gets deep. :eek:
BUT!!! you will need the driveline parts that he probably doesnt have, cause he just has the blade. Output shaft(theres 2, get the right 1), driveline, bearings, bolts and nuts, dealer should help you. I attached a pic of my manual that is the same for yours.

F92A6F7D-61EC-47FB-9331-112FE841C648.jpg

Charlie5320

Equipment
BX2670
Jan 8, 2018
Springfield, IL.
For the blade, if the quick hitch is for a bx, it will do both blade and blower. I start with blade, then blower when it gets deep. :eek:
BUT!!! you will need the driveline parts that he probably doesnt have, cause he just has the blade. Output shaft(theres 2, get the right 1), driveline, bearings, bolts and nuts, dealer should help you. I attached a pic of my manual that is the same for yours.

View attachment 33623
I'll have 2 quick hitches after I pick up the blade this morning. One for a B series and one for a BX series. I figure I'll have to buy the shaft for the BX hitch but should have everything else on the B hitch that I'll need. I think the B hitch would work on my tractor but I'd have to cut the drive shaft down, and I don't want to do that. I'm thinking I should be able to change back and forth between the blade and the blower in just a few minutes if I get it set up right. I have the book that came with the blower new, but it has the hitch parts for the B series with it. I'm going to run by the dealer after I pick the blade and hitch up this morning. I'm just hoping the rear shaft is the same for both applications.

That's Springfield, IL. We haven't had much snow this year, haven't had the legacy out of the garage yet. I have a 42 in. single stage blower on it. Getting the Kubota ready for next year, then I'll sell the legacys.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
I have been through there many times on my way to see my sister who lives in Peoria.

I always try to stop at the Chesapeake Restaurant if time permits.

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
If it ends up that the only issue with the 'B' driveline is length, I would cut it in a heart beat. Drivelines are often more expensive than anticipated. Plus, why have a driveline laying around not being used? Just my 2 cents, at no-charge. :)

Charlie5320

Equipment
BX2670
Jan 8, 2018
Springfield, IL.
Just got home from picking up my new blade and correct hitch for the BX2670. Turns out all I have to do is get the short output shaft, and I'll be good to go. I picked up one on Ebay already. Both set ups use the same drive shaft according to the books I have with the equipment.

Attachments

Charlie5320

Equipment
BX2670
Jan 8, 2018
Springfield, IL.

View attachment 33623
Well it looks like I may have bought the wrong shaft off of Ebay. The hitch for the B series has a shaft about 18" long, and the manual for the BX hitch shows 2 different shafts. I didn't read it good enough and bought the shaft that is 11 1/2. I think I'll need a shaft that is 14 7/8. The bearings are completely different too. The bolts holding the bearings on the B series are 5/8 and it looks like the bolts for the BX hitch are only 5/16. So it is looking like I'll need a shaft that is 14 7/8 and a set of bearings to install this thing. I'm not going to buy anything else till it warms up a bit so I can see exactly what it's going to take. I think if I try to use the B hitch on my tractor the angle of the drive shaft will be too much. I'd rather not cut the drive shaft to make this work.