New guy looking to buy M4D-071 in Iowa

Bodaway

Apr 10, 2021
Midwest
Hello All,

I'm in the market for a tractor. Light hay work, gravel and dirt moving and grapple work with brush.

I've read a couple of threads on here and so far nothing is making me think there are any inherent major flaws with this model. A couple de-clutching button issues, but that should be an easy fix for the dealer.

A few questions:

Anyone have any recommendations for dealers in Iowa? Good or bad experiences? Any dealer to stay away from?

Anyone have any good or bad experiences with the M4D-071 model?

Thanks

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Just curious, you say light hay work, what size baler are you planning on using? I think the M4D has between 55-65 PTO (I didn't look it up) which should run a small square baler okay, but a round baler may be to much for it.

I have only had experience with MF Square baler on MF275 and it pulled it just fine.

Bodaway

Apr 10, 2021
Midwest
Just curious, you say light hay work, what size baler are you planning on using? I think the M4D has between 55-65 PTO (I didn't look it up) which should run a small square baler okay, but a round baler may be to much for it.

I have only had experience with MF Square baler on MF275 and it pulled it just fine.
Hi Bmyers - I don't have a baler at the moment, but will most like do small square bales, so yes I agree big round baler is not in the future.

The specs say PTO HP is 60.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
It should work nice for you, will be curious to see the results get and the things you like and don't like.

Bodaway

Apr 10, 2021
Midwest
I haven't cut the deal yet. I'm still waiting on the dealer to come up with a price so that we can start talking price and add ons.

I'm not opposed to driving a few hours if things do not work out locally.