New Grapple

houser52

Equipment
Kubota M7060HD, Kubota L3600, LA680 Loader
Jul 10, 2015
North Carolina
After hearing about how many uses for a grapple there are I got to looking around my property and thought, I really can use one. The bucket and forks can do a lot but a grapple could make it so much easier when piling brush, hauling limbs, firewood or whatever.

I didn't need a big, heavy duty mega grapple so after doing some research I decided on the WildKat 48".
I got it last week but still trying to get everything together before I can use it.

I drilled and tapped the loader's upright and temporarily mounted the diverter valve yesterday to check the fit, should work out fine. After I get some orange paint on the bracket it will be ready to bolt back on and wired.

What are you L Series guys tying into to get the 12 volts? I figured I'd just come off the battery since my diverter already came with a fuse in the power wire.

Fittings are on the way and should be here this week then all that's left is having the hoses made.

The weather has been great the last couple days, I just wish the grapple was finished so I could be using it.

pacer

Equipment
BX25D
Oct 3, 2015
Greenwood La USA
Would you share some more info on your grapple please?

Which model is that - why did you choose it? Looks really nice...

Does it come as a complete kit? - no running back and forth gathering this or that fitting or?

How was frt costs - those things are heavy so....

How is the install/removal? quick disconnect? (I think we have all become spoiled to quick disconnect!)

Last -- if you dont mind -- how much was it?

Thanks
Bill

houser52

Equipment
Jul 10, 2015
North Carolina
Would you share some more info on your grapple please?

Which model is that - why did you choose it? Looks really nice...

Does it come as a complete kit? - no running back and forth gathering this or that fitting or?

How was frt costs - those things are heavy so....

How is the install/removal? quick disconnect? (I think we have all become spoiled to quick disconnect!)

Last -- if you dont mind -- how much was it?

Thanks
Bill
>I wanted a narrower single lid grapple in the 48"-55" range and I couldn't find a lot them in that size range to choose from. I looked at a lot of reviews on the WildKat and they were for the most part good. There were a couple guys using it as a dozer that had problems but that was not the norm. From the reviews, I found out grapples don't need to be huge and weigh a ton to do a lot of work. I knew what I wanted to spend and it was the one in my price range.

>That's the WildKat 48" Mini E Series and weighs 420 pounds.

>It comes complete with the grapple, cylinder, hoses and flat faced couplers. I had them remove the couplers since I have my own. They deducted $50 off the sales price.

>It has the universal skid steer quick attach and not the mini quick attach. I haven't put it on yet since I don't have my hydraulics ready yet but it should attach like all SSQA attachments, quick and easy.

>I paid $899 less $50 for the couplers = $850 + $131 freight = $981 to my place of business delivered by Old Dominion freight. It was on a pallet and I unloaded it with my fork lift.

Hope this helps

pacer

Equipment
BX25D
Oct 3, 2015
Greenwood La USA
Very good! thats some info I can use!

Had been seeing prices a good bit higher than that, almost gets into a range where I could swing it. Just not convinced that I can justify the expense for what I need to do with it will have to ponder on that some more.

Thanks for the reply and please post some more pics of the installation as you go along.

houser52

Equipment
Jul 10, 2015
North Carolina
Very good! thats some info I can use!

Had been seeing prices a good bit higher than that, almost gets into a range where I could swing it. Just not convinced that I can justify the expense for what I need to do with it will have to ponder on that some more.

Thanks for the reply and please post some more pics of the installation as you go along.
Prices? Yea they have them on their website for 999 but I called and talked to Connie. I just made small talk and asked lots of questions about the grapple. Then I asked for a price and got a better deal. Maybe she was feeling good that day or they were needing to move some inventory or whatever.

Justify it? I was in the same boat as you and until recently I never even considered a grapple. I had wanted a 4-N-1 bucket for a long time but they cost a lot more and really couldn't justify one. Then I got to reading about grapples and all the pics of things guys were doing with them. Heck I didn't need a 4-N-1, I needed a grapple and the WildKat was in my price range.

sula bob

Equipment
2005 L3830 with back hoe, FEL with grapple
Apr 16, 2015
Samsula, Fl
Grapples are life and back savers! Once you start using it, you'll rarely take it off. Your neighbors will become your best friends as well.

hitechredneck

Equipment
L2501, Land Pride Rotary Cutter, Woods tiller, FEL, Dirt Dog box scraper
Sep 21, 2015
Belton, SC
Prices? Yea they have them on their website for 999 but I called and talked to Connie. I just made small talk and asked lots of questions about the grapple. Then I asked for a price and got a better deal. Maybe she was feeling good that day or they were needing to move some inventory or whatever.

Justify it? I was in the same boat as you and until recently I never even considered a grapple. I had wanted a 4-N-1 bucket for a long time but they cost a lot more and really couldn't justify one. Then I got to reading about grapples and all the pics of things guys were doing with them. Heck I didn't need a 4-N-1, I needed a grapple and the WildKat was in my price range.
Do you think this thing will stand up as a root grapple (digging up/cutting roots and bringing up small rocks?) I really want a root grapple but I'm in sticker shock. I might could justify 8-900 for this one if it'll do the job.

Otherwise I'm money ahead to fabricate my own.

I've got about 4 acres to clear that the loggers have had their way with.
I suppose I could do it with just the bucket and boxblade but a grapple would be so much easier!