New GR2120

MILESKellogs

Equipment
B3200 & GR2120
May 17, 2021
omaha
looking at buying a 2020 GR2120 that has .8 hours on it. Just kind or curious as to whether this is typical or excessive. I know it's not a lot but being a 2020 makes me wonder if it might have had a problem and returned. The hydro is really noisy compared to my older 2120 & other units I've looked at.
Dealer wants 9700 with a 54 inch deck, deal or run?
Thanks

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Less than an hour? Probably not excessive. :)

Reactions: 1 user

lilguy

Nov 7, 2011
Illinois
I’m on my 3rd Kubota in almost 40 years and none of them had 0 hours when i got them. B8200 HST, L2250 had about 1-2 hrs on both and they both were with me way over 30 years and sold them to get a B2601 TLBMMM. That had less than 2 hrs on it when i got it. 4 years no issues.
Now, that being said, I started looking for a BX sized unit last year and they were hard to com by, impossible now. A dealer an hour away said he’d get me one from another dealer next state so I said ok, no
down payment required. They called me when it was ready with a mower deck and frt loader installed. Got there and it had over 5 hours on it. When I test ran it rolled on after letting off the hydro pedal more than 20 feet. Neither of my Bs did anything close to that. My wife would have run it in a ditch mowing the grass.
I refused it, setvice said they could adjust it to stop almost immediately. Came back 3 days later and still rolled on 2 car lengths. I walked. Obviously the dealer they got if from was glad to be rid of it and I told them so. I totally understand your concern, I will not accept something I can not operate to my satisfaction, period.

I’m going to look at a GR tomorrow, gas engine. Ill be looking at the hour meter and test driving before any negotiation comes to an end,

MILESKellogs

Equipment
B3200 & GR2120
May 17, 2021
omaha
I’m on my 3rd Kubota in almost 40 years and none of them had 0 hours when i got them. B8200 HST, L2250 had about 1-2 hrs on both and they both were with me way over 30 years and sold them to get a B2601 TLBMMM. That had less than 2 hrs on it when i got it. 4 years no issues.
Now, that being said, I started looking for a BX sized unit last year and they were hard to com by, impossible now. A dealer an hour away said he’d get me one from another dealer next state so I said ok, no
down payment required. They called me when it was ready with a mower deck and frt loader installed. Got there and it had over 5 hours on it. When I test ran it rolled on after letting off the hydro pedal more than 20 feet. Neither of my Bs did anything close to that. My wife would have run it in a ditch mowing the grass.
I refused it, setvice said they could adjust it to stop almost immediately. Came back 3 days later and still rolled on 2 car lengths. I walked. Obviously the dealer they got if from was glad to be rid of it and I told them so. I totally understand your concern, I will not accept something I can not operate to my satisfaction, period.

I’m going to look at a GR tomorrow, gas engine. Ill be looking at the hour meter and test driving before any negotiation comes to an end,

MILESKellogs

Equipment
B3200 & GR2120
May 17, 2021
omaha
I did go test drive the unit and it had one hellatious whine coming from the hydrostat along with a small chatter when turning. So I returned home and investigated the Hydro leak that had appeared on my 2017. it was a loose hose clamp on to of the hydro causing the leak. If you haven't bought yet, I would encourage you to look at the diesel as the fuel savings will amaze you. And yes there are a loot of things in short supply that no one seems to be talking about ;)

lilguy

Nov 7, 2011
Illinois
Drove an hour and a half, the GR had 9 hours on the meter. Had been returned in exchange for a diesel.
Bad JuJu, walked after test drive. Nice lawn tractor, just not that one.

Reactions: 1 user