New BX2670?

extrapower

Equipment
BX 2670
Apr 20, 2014
Gettysburg, Pa.
Hello, first post what a NICE site. I got a new BX2670 delivered Friday, spent last two days, reading manuels etc. Ready to mow, dealer said run throttle wide open, break in, in the manuels, say DO not run wide open first 50 hrs. ?? Thoughts, vs common sense. Best to you and yours, extrapower

tml00563

Equipment
BX2370
Apr 5, 2014
Dansville
I got my bx2370 about 3 weeks ago and I was wondering the same thing. Weather permitting tomorrow is going to be the first mow of the season. I did read in the manual I believe it was, that the recommended operating rpms for mowing was like 3050 which is a couple hundred lower than full throttle. I am interested to know what everyone's experience with this is.

kubotaman574

Equipment
BX2670 B2650
Aug 8, 2013
Elkhart In
I just got a 2670 last Fall, I didn't run mine Wide Open, but 3/4 when I mowed. Now have 88 hrs on it, runs Like a Champ. Don't be Surprised if it uses a Lot of Fuel first 25 hrs, then it will get MUCH better.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Really follow the book up and down with the RPM don't labor the engine but don't be afraid to use it either mowing keep the RPMs up and go up and down like 15 min fast then slow the motor down to mid range,, and trust me 50 hours will fly by,, then after 50 hours runer like ya stole her..:D

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
I'm an old guy, 86 soon, and I have bought many new cars and two new tractors. I just run the like the were used. Never had any trouble as a result. I say these all were made to be used, not babied.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I'm an old guy, 86 soon, and I have bought many new cars and two new tractors. I just run the like the were used. Never had any trouble as a result. I say these all were made to be used, not babied.
I cannot agree more. They can certainly run the PTO at rated speed right out of the starting gate. I bought my ailing aunt's car back when I was a kid, and took it out and ran the hell out of it. Didn't last long at all. My older brother had bought a new car of about the same vintage, ran it like he stole it from day one, and never had a problem.
The tractor is built to work. So I work it.