New BX25D (Leaking)

davidwarner63

Equipment
BX1850, 54"mmm, FEL...Bx25D TLB, QA PF, Rear SB
Jul 5, 2014
Yale Michigan
Hi All,

I just had my new BX25D delivered last Thursday. I was a little disappointed to find that it was a 'D' and not the newest 'D-1' and that it already had 5.2 hours on it and was showing some evidence of being stored outside. But other than that I have another more worrying problem. It's leaking hydraulic fluid from the left rear coupling.

I noticed that when it was delivered that the transport pins (for the backhoe) were not in so I'm wondering if this could be part of the cause?

Anyway, I paid $25k for BX25D TLB with Mechanical Thumb, 54" MMM, Grass Catcher (bagger), Pallet Forks, QA, andLED ROPS lights. It was delivered and the only thing I did was park it in the garage and when I got up in the morning I noticed a small puddle under it. Investigating the leak, I traced it back to the coupling. I wiped it all down, disengaged the coupling and the seal inside looked fine so I put it back together, started the tractor and cycled the backhoe a few times in all directions. Unfortunately, it was still leaking out. I sent some photos and an explanation of the problem to the dealer on Saturday and am waiting on a response.
In the meantime do you guys have any advice?

BTW-If your thinking about buying the Kubota LED ROPS lights, don't bother. The ROPS lights that came with mine are a waste of money. They through about as much light as my Terrlux penlight with two AAA batteries. I am sure for $200 I could have bought a much better aftermarket light and installed it myself.

Attachments

Last edited:

davidwarner63

Equipment
BX1850, 54"mmm, FEL...Bx25D TLB, QA PF, Rear SB
Jul 5, 2014
Yale Michigan
Yeah, I got in touch with the dealer. They sent a guy out today who was very nice, changed out the coupling and took his time to make sure there were no other leaks. I hope to have a go with some light backhoe work tomorrow. Hopefully it is all sorted now.