New BX2370 ROPS Issue

dwk121

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1870 fel,54" MMM, ballast box. 3ph triball trailer hitch.
Jul 4, 2013
United States Falling Waters WV
dkw121 that is a nice garage. That is just what I need. FLATI, I am all for the idea of just smashing it and getting it over with. In my younger days I probably would have done that myself. However, that is probably not the smartest idea. Is the garage itself too low or just the garage doors? If it is the door, look to see if it can be adjusted to lift higher. Some have an optional high lift kit that opens it more so it lays flat up in the track. The other option would be to see if you could put in a little bigger door if the garage itself is high enough. What ever you do, keep your ROPS on, and upright when using the tractor. I to have seen the dangerous consequences of somebody rolling a tractor without a ROPS.
BAP Thank you very much. I also agree do not modify the Rops bar. I to remember back in middle school I had a friend running an old Massey with disc in tow and went up to steep of a hill and flipped back, needless to say no Rops and it crushed him atop the disc. Lost a buddy that way. DO NOT MODIFY.

Steamguy

Equipment
BX2370
Lmao.....You know what, I'm gonna just get up tomorrow morning and smash it into the garage door just to get it over with! :eek::D
Well, last fall I did that for you. So now you don't have to worry about it ever again. Put a real good crack in the door header in the barn.

Gotta say though, I do like the 'Remove Before Flight' sign idea. I'll get something like that together in the spring when I go wake up the tractor.

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
Just hang a cow bell or something on an extension sticking out about 3' from the door entrance so it will hit the ROPS. That way when you hear it tinkle, you will have 3' to stop and lower your ROPS. That would sure beat you hitting the door frame and taking a tinkle in your pants.;-)
Worked in a warehouse many years ago and we had high-lifts that were taller than some of the openings. They installed 3" steel pipes hanging from chains about 8' from the opening to clank the lifts. Well one day after a 16hr shift I got side-tracked by an urgent task and was running the 12k lb lift at full speed forgetting I couldn't fit through the door. Well the clank snapped me back to reality rather quickly and I let off the dead man and stood up just in time to be thrown from the machine flying about 16' some how landing on my feet running. The upper part of the machine stopped while the rest of it came through the door way wedging the feet in the crack between slabs. It was rotated a good 25 degrees or so wedged in the opening.

After that incident all of the door ways were raised to accommodate the tall lifts. Noting was hurt except my pride and 10 or so cinder blocks that were turned into dust. Had it not been for the steel reinforcement supporting the blocks, I may have just heard a thud and kept on truckin.

Attachments

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA

Attachments

flati

Equipment
Kubota B2320
Dec 27, 2013
Eastern Ohio
DOH! That didn't take long
I just brought the new B2320 home yesterday and decided I'd take a picture before immediately leaving for work afterwards. I put the ROPS in the up position because I thought it looked better for the picture and jumped back on the machine to put it back into the garage and leave for work.

Anyone have an aluminum brake I can borrow? :D:D:D

Attachments

Last edited:

RDR

Equipment
M5400,B6100E,K008,L175,TG1860Diesel,JD355D,3)Leyland 154D's,YM2000,IH1466
Oct 13, 2009
Danevang, Tx.
I read a few posts on the 1st page and last page. Got a few laughs. I grew up on tractors before the rops. I started cultivating a vineyard on a sidehill in Upstate N.Y. on a 2N at the age of 12. A dangerous tractor used in dangerous conditions. I'm still here 50 years later.

I couldn't go through the garage doors on my new barn with my mini excavator. A few years ago I caught the rops on a tree limb and almost tipped it over at my sister's. I took it off last year and feel more comfortable. I can also take the easiest way into the barn now.

I look at the rops as a false sense of security. I guess I need to update the pic of my avatar.