New BX2370 FEL won't dump

Humblebub

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX 2370 with MMW, FEL and snow blower
Just took delivery this week. As title indicates the bucket won't go into full dump position and curl up is very slow. When control pushed to dump, bucket returns to slightly lower than level. Up and down controls work fine.

Pending a call to dealer on Monday are there any suggestions as to what to look for. Fluid is full and as per manual cycled FEL up and down a few times to purge any air.

Thanks
Craig

Humblebub

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Thank you again. That is the problem. One QD was not seated nor will it. Despite holding my tongue just so and muttering darkly under breath (usually works with my BMW motorcycle) it will not seat. It will not seat on any of the other three ports so I suspect a faulty QD. Barring any advice for a fix I will let the dealer sort it out. Only 6 hours on the machine.

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
Did you try depressing the center piece with a screwdriver, facing away, of course.

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
Try pushing the male end (with the ball) against the FEL frame to relieve any residual pressure. If oil squirts out then that should solve it.

On the female end, take a dowel and push on the place where the male ball seats. Oil may come out.

Another trick is to have the tractor off and all hydraulic cylinders relaxed. Then move the joystick control in all directions, around in a circle, and into float. That will relieve pressure on the tractor side. (You did this, I know.)

Also, trying it in the cool of the morning sometimes works.

Will another line fit in the female coupler? (It sounds like you did this also.)

If all else fails you can take the coupler off of the lines and take it to the dealer for a warranty replacement. Don't run the tractor until the replacement is installed, of course.

Last edited:

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
I fought with one of my quick disconnects for 30 minutes. It turned out to be the residual pressure . It keeps the ball or needle from comeing together. I took a round punch and ever so slightly bumped on the center of both disconnects, there was a squirt of fluid and after that, easy hook up.

kevin47881

Equipment
BX2370
Jun 30, 2014
Middle-TN, TN USA
Yup. Bucket on ground. Engine off. Control moved in all directions to relieve any residual pressure. The one QD won't couple with any port. Other three are fine.
Had exact problem with my 2370. Took the line off the and carried into the dealer. They replaced the male portion of the line where it threads into the FEL remote and all is well. That happened at about 6 hours as well.

Humblebub

Lifetime Member

Equipment
You folks are stars! Thank you. It was a combination of newbie tractor virgin, a probable sticky quick connect and my much to light hand from working on BMW motorcycle. Got it as far as I could and then took a long handled screw driver placed against female fitting and tapped lightly. Clicked in and all is well. Thanks again.

Humblebub

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nice enough that I just paid lifetime membership. I have been hanging out on internet almost since there was an internet. Have run a few forums of my own over the years. The quality of professional, helpful and courteous comments here makes it a place with few peers. Well done to the founders, sysops and members / contributors.

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
Awww, not you got us blushing.

Seriously, glad it all worked out for you. Posting back the solution is invaluable for others with a similar problem. Thanks from the community.

Next time you can help one of us. Everyone has a difficult problem now and then.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I love a happy ending,,, even for a BEEMER rider,,,,lol:D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
LMAO,, yeah I know I have been down the same road as most every rider has, I think the scariest bike was a BEEMER I ever had, was an R 90s café racer wish I would have kept that one.
And the Ural, well I have a bud that bought one several years ago, if I had the extra money laying around, I would have one in the garage too, they are a blast. Though ridin a hack is a different kind of ride all together and with the 2 wheel drive, your right people give you strange looks in a snow storm,,lol
Keep the sunny side up my friend:D