New BX2370, Bad Fuel Pump?

oaksmith

Equipment
BX2370 Loader & 54" Belly Mower
May 3, 2013
Williamsport MD
I put a short video on youtube that shows how the RPM’s go up and down without me touching the throttle.
The tractor runs great for about the first half hour and then starts to steadily get worst.
After stopping the tractor and trying to restart it before it cools down, it either doesn’t start or starts barely running with low RPM’s.
After it cools down, it starts and runs great for awhile
The one thing that I noticed is when it is doing the hard starting thing, I don’t hear the fuel pump clicking nor do you hear that noise back at the fuel tank
The tractor only has 3 hours on it and the dealer is picking it up, but I was wondering what others think it might be?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjphejz-A4s

oaksmith

Equipment
May 3, 2013
Williamsport MD
Re: New BX2370, Bad Fuel Pump? UPDATE

Dealer just called and said there was gas in the fuel tank!! As noted before, it has less then 3 hours on it and the tank was full when delivered.

Dealer said that everything was flushed, new filters and he assured me that no long term damage would have been done!!

My question, what would do? Dealer didn't have to tell me the truth about it, and has been more then good so far about the whole thing. I have the two year warranty and unless someone here gives me a reason to be difficult about the issue, I'm going to just document it and watch what happens.
Any Comments?

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio

I don't know. I'd have reservations about there being "no damage" considering how it was running. Gasoline is a poor lubricant so it did not do anything good to your pump and injectors and 3 hours is not an insignificant amount of run time. Even if they still work ok now they may wear our prematurely in the future. I did some reading and one of the results of running high gasoline concentrations for a while is overheated pistons\injectors in addition to the lack of lubrication. At the very least I'd ask for them for something in writing to go along with your warranty stating it was the dealers fault it got filled with gas. I think I'd also ask them for a longer engine warranty just in case.

Last edited:

oaksmith

Equipment
May 3, 2013
Williamsport MD
thanks for the reply.
I didn't make this clear but the fuel tank had gas mixed in with the diesel. I had looked into the tank and can tell you that it smelled like diesel not gas. My guess is that diesel is heavier then gas and that when it was first started, it was running on pure diesel and after awhile the gas and diesel got mixed and that is when the problem happened.

I've been thinking about this a lot, not sure what my options are, I really doubt that the dealer would give me another tractor without a battle. I'll document everything and try to get some kind of commitment from them but really I would think that I'm at there mercy so playing it nice might be best. Just don't know

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
INdeed get it in writing, if it aint in black and white it didn't happen,, if you get my drift,,
And how did gas get into the tank, it came from the dealer so THEY mucked it up,,
Oh yeah buddy get what they said in writing or stop payment on it,,
Gas in a diesel motor is bad JuJu, and question HOW did they know there was GAS in the tank??
Im only saying this because my truck had problems and the dealer said no worries and when the thing went south they said we have no records of you having this problem that service manager doesn't work here any more,,,,
Just MHO you understand

wfd2

Equipment
BX23, RTV900, M8560, and SSV65
Aug 7, 2013
Paris, MI

Dealer just called and said there was gas in the fuel tank!! As noted before, it has less then 3 hours on it and the tank was full when delivered.

Dealer said that everything was flushed, new filters and he assured me that no long term damage would have been done!!

My question, what would do? Dealer didn't have to tell me the truth about it, and has been more then good so far about the whole thing. I have the two year warranty and unless someone here gives me a reason to be difficult about the issue, I'm going to just document it and watch what happens.
Any Comments?
Did this solve the problem completely oaksmith? I may have the same problem on an older BX23, but self-induced.