new bx2370-1 1.4 hrs small problem

mwe060

Equipment
BX 2370-1 60'MMM FEL R4
Nov 19, 2014
Little Rock, AR
Picked it up today. Love the thing. Why did I wait so long.

Problem is; and it's probably an adjustment thing.

The lock up position on the mmm is not locking. It won't turn all the way into it.

I have not read the adjustment part in manual yet. But I figure it's like all manuals very vague so I would ask the people who know the easiest way to fix it. What do you all think?

Thanks in advance .

Frank Peters

Equipment
Mower Bx 2360
Jul 27, 2012
Moe Victoria Australia
Hi All,
I have Bx2360, last year model, very similar to yours. After using Ariens 17 mower for 20 years I am a bit spoiled. I find Kubota has few design problems and mmm control is one of them. I have improved if a bit, but it will be always be hard to adjust. I have smooth up the surface of the com, lubricated and re welded bad welding. Now if I want to change the settings I have to lift it to heist position, while I turn the dial. More troubles’ I have with the seat, it is the most uncomfortable seat on all my tractors. The front of the seat is fixed, no suspension, and back has only very short travel before it hits the rubber blocks. To improve the seat is on my list for must do next year. Also the lack of twin belt covers on mmm is mind boggling, $100+ for replacement and so easy to damage. I have made my own covers and sent photo to Kubota, they were not interested. Apart of that the machine is good. Regards Frank

Flyboy

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, 5' King Kutter rear blade, 3pt Tow Hitch, Ballast box
Apr 6, 2014
Lake Villa, IL.
I have the same tractor and the same problem. I found that you must take the 3pt hitch all the way to the furthest upward travel. Then in that position you dial the high adjustment to the top travel. Then you can use the hitch in any position with the lever.

mwe060

Equipment
BX 2370-1 60'MMM FEL R4
Nov 19, 2014
Little Rock, AR
I have the same tractor and the same problem. I found that you must take the 3pt hitch all the way to the furthest upward travel. Then in that position you dial the high adjustment to the top travel. Then you can use the hitch in any position with the lever.
Not sure I'm following you. So are you saying not to lock it in just let it ride at the highest setting?

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
Make sure there isn,t something attached to your 3 point hitch that might keep it from coming up as much as possible. If it doesn,t come up all the way, it is harder to turn the knob. And I find that it works better if I always turn the knob clockwise only.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Orange glow is right. Full up position for the three point and clockwise turn of dial knob.. then lower the three point until mower is down.

Flyboy

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, 5' King Kutter rear blade, 3pt Tow Hitch, Ballast box
Apr 6, 2014
Lake Villa, IL.
Yes, in affect that is what you are doing. This occurs because the 3 pt. and mm are on the same linkage.

mwe060

Equipment
BX 2370-1 60'MMM FEL R4
Nov 19, 2014
Little Rock, AR
Ok thanks for the info.

I fixed it. There is a bolt at the rear behind left tire. Turned it in one turn and wow.
The mmm height adjustment works great and so does the locking it up. No longer takes both hands and all my strength to turn the dern thing.

O ya . I'm now at 3.5 hrs on it. Love this thing.

My only disappointment this far is all my fluids were low. Alot low.

I bought stuff to fix it. Told my dealer hope they do my 50hr for free. They should of not let it leave like that.

mwe060

Equipment
BX 2370-1 60'MMM FEL R4
Nov 19, 2014
Little Rock, AR
This is not my tractor but shows the Link adjustment.

I circled it in red, Only took about 1 turn. It is amazing the difference. Things that the dealer should have checked and done.

I see it is a fairly common problem. Along with low fluids

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well I ll be dipped,, now I have to crank it out a turn so I can get mine to work,,thanks:D

mwe060

Equipment
BX 2370-1 60'MMM FEL R4
Nov 19, 2014
Little Rock, AR
Procedure,

1. Lower Everything 3PH related to the bottom then back to the top.
2. There is a locking nut on the threaded shaft,you must losen first.
3. Turn bolt Clockwise to tight the linkage. Do it one turn.
4. Lower and raise again and try the knob.
5. If this still dont work turn it again.
5. repeat 4.
6. If it is all good. Tighten Locking nut.

7. ENJOY THE DAMN THING WORKING.

Last edited:

mwe060

Equipment
BX 2370-1 60'MMM FEL R4
Nov 19, 2014
Little Rock, AR
Well I have a second issue now. Leaky front tires (r4).

Think I will fill them all full of slim and hope for the best.

Fyi since new, now have 8.1 hrs on her. Other than the tires I love this thing.

Leyland

Equipment
BX25D
Oct 31, 2014
Southwestern Ontario
I haven't used my mmm or 3 point yet on my bx25d, but noticed the height adjustment knob at foot platform will only turn clockwise, not able to turn back counter clockwise.. Is this the same issue mentioned in this thread?

mwe060

Equipment
BX 2370-1 60'MMM FEL R4
Nov 19, 2014
Little Rock, AR
I haven't used my mmm or 3 point yet on my bx25d, but noticed the height adjustment knob at foot platform will only turn clockwise, not able to turn back counter clockwise.. Is this the same issue mentioned in this thread?
Kinda. For sure it is best to turn clockwise. If you find after you use the mmm few time and it won't lock at top you will need to perform the steps.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Leyland,, not exactly. There is a flat spring with a roller on it that sets into detents on the collar you turn. One way you turn it and it lifts up on that spring and roller, the other way it pushes against the spring and roller while trying to push the detent up the ramp. You can bend the detent spring to take some of the pressure off it or just lube the roller and detents very good.

Leyland

Equipment
BX25D
Oct 31, 2014
Southwestern Ontario
Ahh, so sounds like its a continuous clockwise rotation... 12345, 12345, 12345, etc. for deck height adjustment. I will have to read the manual and have a closer look. As mentioned, I haven't used this feature yet having purchased my tractor mid November, wasn't much grass to cut with 6" snow on ground;) sounds like this is more of a "lock in upper position" issue.. again, I will have to read up and try that next spring.

Thanks guys!

eddiebob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680, JD 40
Mar 23, 2014
Poplarville, Mississippi
The adjustment knob on my tractor from the factory was almost impossible to turn. Two turns in on the adjustment screw and it works like a champ. Thanks, Ed B