New bx2350 owner

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
I recently purchased a little Kubota at an auction. Has a woods ls72 FEL, and a 60" mower deck. The tractor has only 400 hours, but the deck probably has more. My questions are
1. Short of raising the entire tractor off the ground, can you tell when the tractor is in 4wd by just driving it. My part time truck, I can fell it when turning.
2. PTO engagement. I assume this had a hydraulic engagement. Does it engage like a typical electric PTO? Should it engage slowly as you move the lever forward? This doesn't engage until you move the lever all the way and stars when you "hook it" into the on position.

Otherwise the tractor seems nice, but considerably smaller than my 1948 VAC Case and 60" belly mower. Gotta love the live power, and power steering.

Mike

2008 RAM 1500 quad cab; 5.7 Hemi; 3.92
1970 VW Beetle
1948 VAC Case
2008 Kubota bx2350
2013 Keystone Passport 2920bh

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
Well I just looked at a 2370 and mechanic walked me thru all the settings, so as long as levers are same as mine will be. 2wd and 4wd are in a lever on right when up it us in 2wd and when pressed down goes into 4wd. The PTO can work both. I think the hook all way forward is for mmm middle is both and all way back is back. On switch is in right to be engaged. I am not 100% sure of correct setting all forward could be back PTO. Check manual. Or ask dealer if they could show you settings and take notes if you do not have manual. When I have a bit more experience and time to play with manual and a lqb l printer to mark settings I will try ri answer you a bit better and be absolute of settings for you.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Quad
1 I can tell its in 4wd by turning the front wheels, also kind of tears up the grass
2 I believe my PTO only engages when the lever is fully down. I usually start it at 2000 rpms then move it up to the 2500 and start mowing.

08quadram

Equipment
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
Thanks, I haven't really had time to use it except for about 30 min. of mowing. Has rained every day since I got it. I will have to spend more time paying with the 4wd. Can it typically be felt when the front axle engages or is it very smooth?

Mike

2008 RAM 1500 quad cab; 5.7 Hemi; 3.92
1970 VW Beetle
1948 VAC Case
2008 Kubota bx2350
2013 Keystone Passport 2920bh

08quadram

Equipment
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
I'm trying to figure out why I do not seem to have any downward pressure on the loader. The control lever seems to work correctly as up/down/bucket tilt. Just can't seem to get any down pressure. the control lever will stay in the float position, but when I try to apply down pressure, nothing. If I lower the loader to the ground and tilt the bucket forward, the loader just is pushed up. anyone have any ideas? I can't see that the hydraulics could be hooked up wrong it up/down/tilt works.(except down pressure).

thanks for any help.

Mike
BX2350
1948 VAC Case

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I'm trying to figure out why I do not seem to have any downward pressure on the loader. The control lever seems to work correctly as up/down/bucket tilt. Just can't seem to get any down pressure. the control lever will stay in the float position, but when I try to apply down pressure, nothing. If I lower the loader to the ground and tilt the bucket forward, the loader just is pushed up. anyone have any ideas? I can't see that the hydraulics could be hooked up wrong it up/down/tilt works.(except down pressure).

thanks for any help.

Mike
BX2350
1948 VAC Case
Mike,

take the bucket - point the teeth/blade straight down - then push on the handle , see if the front end will come off the ground - flat on the ground, the tractor typically will not rise up. Tilting the buck forward does not rise my BX off the ground either. Report back

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
A quick test of 4WD, if the tractor has a real neutral (HST hydraulic pumps disengaged):
Put the tractor on concrete, in neutral and 4WD. Try to push it. Should be darned hard. Now put it in 2WD. Should be much easier!
You can also put it on firm ground, 2WD. Mark the rear tires where they touch the ground. Move ahead one rotation of the rear tires, and mark the front tires where they touch the ground. Back up to the starting point. Put it in 4WD. Move ahead again one revolution of the rear tires. This time the front tires should have turned more, by 10 - 30 deg. Normally the front tires are "pulling" the rear tires by 2-5%.
Hokie's bucket test should work for your FEL. It makes a world of difference on my L3200. If it does not work, swap the lift and tilt hoses, and see if the trouble goes to the tilt, and the arms press down.
Keep us informed!

08quadram

Equipment
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
well, it does appear that the down pressure is working. I took and and reattached the hoses. also, by raising the front end off the ground, left it in 4wd, with the dear wife holding one tire, I cannot rotate the other. when i kick it out of 4wd, they both free wheel.

thanks for all the help.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
well, it does appear that the down pressure is working. I took and and reattached the hoses. also, by raising the front end off the ground, left it in 4wd, with the dear wife holding one tire, I cannot rotate the other. when i kick it out of 4wd, they both free wheel.

thanks for all the help.

life is good! enjoy the orange side !!!!
try not to have too much fun....playing...
i mean WORKING!

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
I like the fact that you can engage 4wd while on the move. Takeing it out usually requires stopping, putting slight up pressure on the lever and backing up ever so slightly. Do NOT try to change fro hi to low while moveing. Lots of gear grinding there. (so I've heard).

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
As to down presume, most bucket controls have three places for action. Pul back to lift things. Push forward slowly and the first detent is for downward pressure. Keep pushing forward to the end and you are in the float position where it is free to go up or down as you go along with it on the ground. I suspect that is where you see no down pressure.