New BX

Kubota BX 1860

Equipment
BX 1860, oops, traded it for a BX2370
Jun 23, 2011
Raymond, ME
After two years of shopping used, I took delivery of a new BX 1860 about three weeks ago. For the past ten years I've done my yardwork (mostly mowing) with a '55 Farmall Cub Loboy with a Cub Cadet 108 for backup. But, it was time to put the Farmall into semi-retirement and after a visit to the local dealer I bought a new one at 0 percent financing.

The BX has a FEL and 54" MMM with a "P" in the model, indicating it's a finecut. I didn't ask for this, but got it for the price of the regular mower. Final price of the outfit was almost $2k less than what I configured on the Kubota website, so with the financing I couldn't complain. The dealer also installed a snatchhook on the bucket.

This thing has, luckily, exceeded expectations. Sure is different after using the older stuff for so many years. I have to chuckle, though, at the folks who say that 18hp isn't enough (even the delivery driver told me I'd wish I'd gotten the bigger one). My Farmall is just over 10 hp and it drives a Woods 59" deck quite nicely. The Cadet with 44" deck also has 10 hp, so 18 is a big step up. I've found that the BX has more power than it has traction, and I'm not planning on using PTO stuff like a chipper, so I can't imagine I'll be lacking for power.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the BX, but I wish it would stop raining!

gmtinker

Equipment
'07 BX1850 w/FEL, '06 John Deere X300
Mar 6, 2009
Stony Plain, Alberta
Excellent choice in machinery. I'm almost unhealthily attached to my little orange tractor and I know you will be with yours. I agree with the comment of traction loss before powering out - it even runs a 50" reverse rotation tiller very well.
And I completely agree about the rain - I still haven't gotten my yard mowed (it looks like a hayfield now). Don't be surprised to find yourself looking for more grass to mow or even just anything to keep playing with your new toy.
Welcome to the club, enjoy your equipment addiction!:D

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Welcome to the orange addiction! I, like you, came into the fold from the farmall lifestyle (Why farm half when you can Farmall!). I was mowing 3 good sized yards using a '49 farmall cub, woods 42" belly mower. And with that early model it was 8 and 1/4Hp.

Anyway, you'll love being orange. I have so much i've got 3.