New blower

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
Should work out good for you. Did you also get the Kubota neck and back brace to go with it? My dealer brought out a new 60" for me to try. It lasted for 1 storm and I sent it back. At 71 years old, my old body couldn't take the constant neck and back rotation on my 3600' driveway here in Ontario. Went to a front mounted blower and haven't looked back................literally and figuratively since.

Reactions: 1 user

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
A non issue with me. I have rear facing video cameras, one left, one right and one centered. Never turn around, just watch the monitor.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Have set up the unit and it seems to work fine.
i have two choices on how far the unit sits behind the tractor....there are adjustments on the bars that attach to the lift arms. Is it better to have it tucked in closer to the tractor or 3-4 inches further out? Or is just personal preference? Also, , there’s about an inch of movement at the top pin. Is that all right, or should one use bushings to control the slop?
Add a bushing, you don't want slop in any pin.

Personally I'd want the blower to be closer to the tractor so it takes up less space when parked in the barn. Makes turns easier too if you need to navigate around parked cars etc.

You have to balance how much lift height you need vs machine length and turn radius.

rAzkid

Equipment
BX2200D, LX3310, FEL, MMM, PF, rear mount snowblower
Nov 6, 2020
MA
A non issue with me. I have rear facing video cameras, one left, one right and one centered. Never turn around, just watch the monitor.
I, for one, would like to know what brand of monitor and camera setup you have. Photos?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I, for one, would like to know what brand of monitor and camera setup you have. Photos?
I'd have to go look and it won't be right now. Tractors are in the barn up the road but I bought it on Amazon not at the dealer. The monitor has a split screen and will show 4 different cams at once but I only use 3.

BobInSD

Equipment
L5740
Jun 23, 2020
South Dakota
Got mine (same unit) from Canada last spring. Great unit. Found I really needed chains to get around good. Added 2" spacers and chains. Made a huge difference. Hated the wind direction problems. You'll know what I mean when you look like a snowman. I bought an Original Tractor Cab. For $1400 it comes with the windshield wipers and heater. Absolutely love it. Moving snow is so much easier.
What brand are the blowers? Depending on how this year goes I'll probably be looking for a 6-footer for next year. I love my hydraulic spout though--how do you turn the crank from within the cab? For that price I'd be interested in the cab idea also. I love the open station in the summer, but even down here (South Sask?) we have cold and wind.

OP, I'd put it tight to the tractor. Leave room for chains if you need to add them later but my snowblower is the most unwieldy (least-wieldy?) of my implements due to it's length.

Note - i need chains, front and back for traction on the sloped drive. Don’t have a cab either. My version is a balaclava and ski-goggles.
I should remember to try the ski-goggles. I normally get coated.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Three cameras in an enclosed cab.
Yes life is hard.
I have to say, I need all 3 at times., especially when mowing hay and running along fence lines. The right cam is watching where the mower is, it's swung out to my right hand side and the head alone is 10 feet wide so it's running completely out of my wheel tracks or about 14 feet to the outside edge. The center cam is watching the pto and hydrauilc arm setup and the left one is making sure I'm not running into anything expensive. Sure beats looking over both shoulders all the time.

When I bail, the center cam watches the hay being fed into the pickup so I don't wad it up from going too fast and I don't go too slow and not feed enough for a uniform bale.

When I have the rear mount blower on, the left and right cams are making sure I stay in line and not drive over my wife's fence, remember, I'm backing up and I have that big 10 foot wide plow on the FEL's SSQA hitch.....lol Things can get dicey at times...

I use them constantly. I do have a swivel seat but it don't swivel quite far enough to be of use.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I should start a blower make thread. I have a Canadian blower myself, a Lucknow (Helm welding). Great unit and well built. Have had zero issues with it and it's about 12 years old. Only gripe I have is, it's blue. I keep thinking about a paint job but it gets put in the barn in the spring and I forget about it until the following fall and then it's too cold and too late.

maybe this year........

TheKubotaKing

Equipment
Kubota BX2380, with standard front loader, and LandPride rear blade ( 60 inch )
Nov 2, 2020
United States
Hi everyone,
Just a little updated on my rear blade not being able to rotate right around. I started fiddling with the 3 point hitch height the other day, and suddenly slapped my forehead ! ... doh ! ( insert a Home Simpson groan here ) ..... when I was trying to rotate the blade, my 3ph was raised 100% I noticed that if I lower it a few inches, all of a sudden the blade rotates without a problem at all. It easily passes the little area it was getting stuck on ( the bottom of one of the arms ) Go figure. :rolleyes: Lots to learn on this tractor !

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I didn't put my blower on last year. If this winter continues as it is I've plowed last Sunday for the first time. Then we won't need it here in southern Maine.
If I never plowed or bucketed snow ever again I'd be good.
I don't make a living plowing and the local contract guy for the town just takes his $200,k each year wither he plows or not he still gets the towns check. A good racket to get rich.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I should start a blower make thread. I have a Canadian blower myself, a Lucknow (Helm welding). Great unit and well built. Have had zero issues with it and it's about 12 years old. Only gripe I have is, it's blue. I keep thinking about a paint job but it gets put in the barn in the spring and I forget about it until the following fall and then it's too cold and too late.

maybe this year........
If you've ever been to Quebec Flip lots and lots of blue houses. Blue is big in Canada. Eh !!!

Reactions: 1 user

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
If you've ever been to Quebec Flip lots and lots of blue houses. Blue is big in Canada. Eh !!!
Guess that explains the blue color. All I know is, it's a stout, well built blower that works as designed and has for years. Never been there and I don't speak French very well....