New BH77 Backhoe - help.

hondoo

Equipment
B2650cab
Nov 28, 2017
Meredith, NH
Bought a new BH77 for the new B2650 and it arrived last week. It was delivered with the foot pegs bent up so far back it was tearing the metal near the weld. Dealer said they would replace with a new one.

The new one was delivered (while I was at work) and has been clearly repainted. Orange-peal (no pun) and flakes, been taped off and bolts that were not painted on the first BH77 are now painted They are telling me they touch up paint all of them new out of the crate because of the grinding required to remove the metal imperfections from the factory.

Maybe they are right, I call BS, because the first one didn't have any imperfection, except the foot peg thing.

Are they telling the truth and I am being to picky??

Please Help.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
the amount of money these cost........

you should be able to be as picky as you want.

if you are not happy with it ? DONT USE IT. send it back & make them get you another one.

wanna see if your dealer is honest? paint pen a hidden spot that only you know about & when your "new" one comes in again? see if that mark is still there.

if it is? Your dealer isn't being honest with you. its a lot of hassle to keep sending this back..... but for the type of money we put into these toys? You HAVE to be able to trust/count on your dealer.

lilguy

Nov 7, 2011
Illinois
I got my B2601 last year with a Backhoe installed at dealer and it looked brand spanking new. Bitch up a storm, get new, undamaged parts. That is what you’re paying for. Only issue might be availability this time of year.

Last edited:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I'd tell them that they've got one more shot at making it right. Order a new one.

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
Mine was touched up a lot when I bought it including the HST fluid window!

hondoo

Equipment
B2650cab
Nov 28, 2017
Meredith, NH
Dealer came by today to have look. Nice guy. He blames the factory for a lot of the imperfections. Said it depends on the guy building it if the bolts get painted or the zip-ties off the hoses are cut, dings, etc. He said he picked the best one on the lot and painted it to make it perfect for me. Some of what he said I think was BS, like the paint they get from Kubota is not a perfect match and there is nothing they can do about the color mismatch. However, he did step up to the plate. Said he would do whatever I wanted, replace parts off this one, swap for a new one, which I can pick. Great that he at least wanted to make it right. Can't ask for more then that.

Still would love to know if they are all touched up and this is normal or is this dealer using the crates as bumper cars.

Attachments

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
I think they touch all of them up. My foot step was also bent but I wasn't sure if it came like that since I only noticed it after a few hours of use. It is amazing how touch ups and paint decline in importance once you start working the tractor. Once they have a few battle scars and full of mud you don't think about it much. I used to fret about scratches on my bucket lol.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
SEND IT BACK.

too much money involved for a "redo" or half ass patch...

hondoo

Equipment
B2650cab
Nov 28, 2017
Meredith, NH
SEND IT BACK.

too much money involved for a "redo" or half ass patch...

Ya, right. They changed their tune. I can get the first one with the bent pegs or the second one with the repaint and orange peal.

They said they know the paint does not match but that is all Kubota sells them.. Seams like BS. But there is nothing I can do.

Tunaslayer

Equipment
L2501 TLB, Wheelhorse 417-8/414-8
Check the throw on all your back hoe controls before you take delivery on anything. Mine were all screwed up, and it was easier to fix it than fight..that is kinda the line dealers will walk with little problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk