New B2601

wngnut

Equipment
2015 B2650HSDC W/Loader
Apr 14, 2016
Iowa
Looks good!!! Have you noticed all the stickers?....my son calls mine the sticker tractor! Someday maybe I'll read all of em.....

Let me know how your tires do on your yard when you mow. I went back and forth on tires but ended up with the turfs.

Kubotadude

Equipment
B2650
Apr 14, 2016
Illinois
Yep, lots of stickers! I wanted the turf on my original BX, but my dealer talked me in to the R4s as they are more puncture resistant. They were great in the dirt, and worked fine on the yard. I mowed a little last weekend, but the ground was wet and it started raining. I'll see how it looks this weekend, as we'll be mowing a lot on Sunday. Saturday we'll be cutting timber and loading it. That's when I really like the R4s. Sturdy tire. I'll give a report next week. I would think the turfs would give a better ride. I don't think a guy could go wrong either way.

OBKubota

Equipment
2014Gr2120,Gr2728Snowblower,Gck5GrassCatcher,agri-FabSpreader
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
Nice tractor [emoji106]
Heat gun and plastic scraper takes them stickers off real slick.
Btw I read them as I was tacking them off lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jake71

Equipment
Hustler Xonei 60" ZT, B2601, Landpride GS1548, TITAN HD Receiver Hitch
Nov 14, 2014
Wamego, Kansas
After MUCH debate/research and tossing and turning wondering which tractor would be best to choose. A happy medium of the right size for my needs and not too big. I have decided on a B2601. We built our home in the fall of 2012 and moved in in Feb 2013 and I've been dreaming of the day I get a tractor.

With the green light given by the Mrs. and finally getting some other things paid off it's HAPENIN'!

I am finally going to pull the trigger tomorrow. I spent all day cleaning and organizing the third bay of our three car garage so it'll have a warm, dry place to sleep. I'm getting a 2015 model they have in stock and the dealer is making the appropriate considerations due to it being an older model and parked outside for a while. I don't know what they typically have to do to a machine to send it out the door so I'm not sure if it will be delivered tomorrow or the following day. I will post pictures of the beast when it hits my driveway. Thanks everyone for the comments and advise during this arduous process.

Jake

PorkBolt

Equipment
B2601, 60" MMM, SSQA FEL, Kubota Ballast Box
Sep 22, 2015
Elburn, Illinois
All

Had my 2601 for just under 40 hours and love it; invest in a ballast box and LEDs for the ROPS; the headlights still stink.... I got mine on Amazon for around $36/pair... All the difference in the world. It plowed snow effortlessly in Northern Illinois and mows 2 acres with about a gallon of fuel.

R4s a bit rough on my turf so I have a set of both turf and R4s. SSQA is great and works with my set of Berlon forks; best investment and worth every penny.

Enjoy your new additions!

Jake71

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
Wamego, Kansas
All

Had my 2601 for just under 40 hours and love it; invest in a ballast box and LEDs for the ROPS; the headlights still stink.... I got mine on Amazon for around $36/pair... All the difference in the world. It plowed snow effortlessly in Northern Illinois and mows 2 acres with about a gallon of fuel.

R4s a bit rough on my turf so I have a set of both turf and R4s. SSQA is great and works with my set of Berlon forks; best investment and worth every penny.

Enjoy your new additions!
I had originally planned on ordering one with the LED ROP light but the one on the lot doesn't have one. Maybe it's something the dealer can install later when it comes in. I currently mow with a Hustler Xonei 60" zero turn. I have just under 5 acres and mow nearly all of it. The tractor will be used to smooth and level the entire surface due to it being old farm field converted into a residential neighborhood. I am having a pond (3/4 - 1 acre) installed this summer when it gets good and dry.

Plenty of dirt to play with and re-distribute throughout the yard. Along with a bunch of landscaping. I haven't read a single bad thing anywhere on the net on this machine. Looking forward to finally owning one. I am going to get a rear box blade. That should suffice as rear weight right? I am going to immediately invest in a Piranha tooth bar. I've read those make all the difference in the world on the buckets capabilities.

Looking forward to a long relationship with everyone on here and sharing do's and don'ts stories. But I'm sure during the honeymoon phase I won't be on here much because I'll be on the thing if not working with it, just sitting n it in the garage.

Jake

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Very nice, break it in right and you will have a long term work partner!

Jake71

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
Wamego, Kansas
I must not be living right! It's been raining on and off every day since the tractor was delivered. I thinks it's kinda like washing your car. Let it be for two months and it's completely dry but throw some pressurizer water and soap on it and it is guaranteed to rain within 24 hours.

Waited three years to get a tractor and went through arguably one of the driest periods of time on record. Purchased tractor and the rain refuses to shut off!!!!

Can someone, somewhere stop doing a ritual rain dance, thanks, that'd be super.

J

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
You can send your rain our way. Half our country is burning up.

You guys will love those B2601's. Awesome work tractor that is still right at home mowing a lawn.