New 42" mower needed.

Bank Walker

Equipment
BX25D.
Aug 27, 2014
Tn
I am looking for a 42" lawn mower with bagger attachment. I checked out the Kubota T1880 but did not like the engine. I sold my T1400 last week. It had more mechanical issues than I cared to continue to deal with each time we needed to mow. Not real sure what brand would best fit.

sawmill

Equipment
bx24 backhoe/fel, 48" Bush mower
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
I am looking for a 42" lawn mower with bagger attachment. I checked out the Kubota T1880 but did not like the engine. I sold my T1400 last week. It had more mechanical issues than I cared to continue to deal with each time we needed to mow. Not real sure what brand would best fit.
You should check out the Husqvarna lawn tractors. You can get a 42" bagger with the Briggs 22hp v twin HST for around $2100.
I bought a 46" Husky 4 years ago with the Briggs 22hp v twin HST and I love it. I mow about 2 acres of lawn twice a week throughout the summer with mine and have had no problems whatsoever with it. As far as quality, I would compare the Husky's to a Kubota. :)

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
I brought a cub cadet 42" a couple weeks ago at local tractor suppy. As far as running it goes it runs as a HST as my BX does. Runs quiet compared to the old crapsman it replaced. I will never buy any craftsman equipment again that runs on gas. Too many mechanical issues and replacement parts are outrageous from sears. Compare it to husky as well.

DamCraig

Equipment
L2501
Apr 17, 2015
Denver, CO
I'll second the Husqvarna. I have the YTH22V42 lawn tractor and it has been good for us. The only advice I would give, regardless of brand, is to really look at where you will be using the lawn tractor. If you are on fairly level ground a properly sized lawn tractor will do. If you have hilly sections that you will be mowing on I would go for a garden tractor. In general the garden tractors (vs lawn tractor) will have better trans and heavier axles to deal with the extra stress. In the Husvarna lines they are about the same size but the garden tractors have a different frame and heavier trans and axles.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I've had rotten luck with the cubcadet's. Had the 46", and after about three years it started smoking like a chimney :rolleyes: parts are kind of pricey for it. And at least locally you have to drive thirty miles for parts. And cubcadets website isn't very user friendly either. A couple family members have just gotten troy builts over the past couple years. Seem to be fairly decent. My brothers is a little junky after 3 years. but with zero maintanace done to it, and a 14yo and 13yo trying to use it like a bush hog running over everything in site it's kind of expected to be a little beat up :rolleyes: