Nerf bars for LED lights on ROPS - ZD331

XYooper906

Equipment
2014 ZD331LP w/72" deck and grass catcher/hopper. 1985 G5200H w/44" deck.
Mar 8, 2022
Williamson, GA
I mounted some LED floodlights on my ROPS of my ZD331. I keep the ROPS in the mid position to give me clearance, but they were still vulnerable to the tree branches, guy-wires, etc. on my property.

I had some raw hoops that were originally bent up for mounting some motorcycle panniers, but were never completed. I fabricated some mount brackets and support struts to give them a little more beefiness. I angled them to give the lights the most protection with the ROPS in the mid position, but they will still offer some protection if I need to raise the ROPS all the way. But that's unlikely since I don't have any areas on my property where a rollover is likely.

IMG_20220521_211101.jpg
IMG_20220521_211126.jpg

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I like it. When I mow with the BX, my ROPs are down, and I have lotsa low trees, bushes and especially wires (antennas...another hobby of mine).

I "built" my nerf bars from thick plastic Kr@Zy K@rpet's. (kids plastic sliding sled things). The pcs are 3" x 12" and taped onto the ROPS over the ROPS' knobs, where the ROPS swivels. THis way, when I duck under a wire or branch that's quite low, it won't catch on the big ol' ROPS' knobs. I learned this the hard way - - ugh

Good work !

Reactions: 1 user

XYooper906

Equipment
2014 ZD331LP w/72" deck and grass catcher/hopper. 1985 G5200H w/44" deck.
Mar 8, 2022
Williamson, GA
I like it. When I mow with the BX, my ROPs are down, and I have lotsa low trees, bushes and especially wires (antennas...another hobby of mine).

I "built" my nerf bars from thick plastic Kr@Zy K@rpet's. (kids plastic sliding sled things). The pcs are 3" x 12" and taped onto the ROPS over the ROPS' knobs, where the ROPS swivels. THis way, when I duck under a wire or branch that's quite low, it won't catch on the big ol' ROPS' knobs. I learned this the hard way - - ugh

Good work !
Aaahhh......Krazy Karpets. I think that some of my aches and pains can be attributed to uncontrolled slides down a snowy slope, followed by a sudden stop against some unknown, buried stump, some 50+ years ago! 🤣