Neighbor wants to sell his 2017 B2601 to me.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
He sounds like a trustworthy guy, if you've already bought stuff from him and know him well, decide how much it's really worth to check this stuff out - it'll no doubt annoy him and make him feel like you don't trust him. Others are giving you good safe advice for people in a situation where they don't know the guy so they think of every risk.

You'll have to ring the finance company to transfer the payments across anyway, and change ownership, they'll be able to tell you the payments, and if they transfer ownership and the tractor's parked at your house, and you're making payments on it.....sounds like you own it to me. Decide whether you want it or not, if you want it, just do it.

bmedeiros678

Equipment
K2601
Jun 28, 2018
North attleboro, MA
Tractor has some sort of blade. A land pride that he tells me it's a tow behind. And extension forks. Don't know what to do with the blade but I'm sure I'll find out. Also tires are 33" turf since he had a nice lawn. Tractor has 46 hours on it. I knew it was under 200 but didn't realize under 50.

Last edited:

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
Tractor has some sort of blade. A land pride that he tells me it's a tow behind. And extension forks. Don't know what to do with the blade but I'm sure I'll find out. Also tires are 33" turf since he had a nice lawn. Tractor has 46 hours on it. I knew it was under 200 but didn't realize under 50.
Wow! That is basically a new tractor then. I broke 50 hours a few months after I got mine. ;)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
If you do get it, there is an important 50 hour service to do, if it hasn’t been done already.
It’s easy enough to do yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
If you can work out a deal for this machine, know that its warranty runs three years, two on everything and the third year is drivetrain only. Another three years is $1100 but anything that should show up will in the first three years.

Eventually, spend the $$ and buy a service manual for it. You'll save the cost of the manual in having a point of reference for the little service items and the big 400 hour flush of the hydraulic system.

You will have a machine that will last you the rest of your life if you can keep it out of the weather and give it the basic service it calls for.

Forvols

Jan 28, 2017
Hawkins county TN
A trusted person, low hours, really good tractor, take over payment if it can be arranged. Sounds like a sweet deal. Make sure you keep all warrantees etc and if the tractor is something you need.

Having a really honest deal..thats gold.

bmedeiros678

Equipment
K2601
Jun 28, 2018
North attleboro, MA
Thanks All. He did the 50 hour service 2 weeks ago and told me he would teach me how to grease and change all fluids when necessary. Just waiting for him to get his new machine and then we will finalize the deal.

jpf

Feb 26, 2016
butler, ga USA
the only thing I have to add is, going through the thick stuff that canopy may be a problem, and you might want to be able to lower the rops.
other than that the tractor is a good size for woods work.

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Sometimes a blind squirrel can find a nut.... Given everything that was suggested... this is one heck of a deal. I would add one more thing. Kubota has really good insurance (Underwritten by Ohio Indemnity) that covers damages, accidents, fire, theft and a host of other stuff irregardless of age... like transporting to and doing work on and off your property. My tractor is 18 years old and in perfect condition and they welcomed me with open arms. My insurance broker (State Farm) said I need a rider if I was to transport, trailer or drive, the unit off my property... I have zero clue what others do.

This will be the most useful piece of equipment you'll ever buy... I do not know how I'd get by with out one...:eek:

For grins and giggles... go to Messicks B2601 on You Tube... their dealer videos are remarkable.... You could spend an afternoon watching them.

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
I sent you a private message...:eek: