Need to make a B26TLB to BT 820 extension hose

frierfly

Equipment
B26TLB
Sep 15, 2019
Kentucky
Bottom Line Up Front: I need to make extension hoses because my BT820 is sitting in the dirt and the supply/return hoses aren't long enough to reach the B26TLB, no matter how close I get the back end of the tractor to the backhoe.

Details: I have purchased two (2) sets of Kubota 7J417-66220 and 7J417-66320 quick disconnect fittings. I know the hoses that connect the tractor to the backhoe are Gates MSHA 2G-11C, but that is just the flame resistance specification. I need to know what size and PSI rating to buy. I also need to know what crimp-on connector to buy.

Other info/sob story: I already asked for help from my local dealer, they sent me to a hose shop down the road. The hose shop made me a pair of hoses after I specified exactly where I would be connecting them. They said, "yep, we know exactly what you need." , but everything about the hoses they made is wrong. It's been months since I had the hoses made. I have been using the post hole digger on the 3-point and working a lot of overtime, so I'm just now getting back to putting the backhoe on the tractor.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Bottom Line Up Front: I need to make extension hoses because my BT820 is sitting in the dirt and the supply/return hoses aren't long enough to reach the B26TLB, no matter how close I get the back end of the tractor to the backhoe.

Details: I have purchased two (2) sets of Kubota 7J417-66220 and 7J417-66320 quick disconnect fittings. I know the hoses that connect the tractor to the backhoe are Gates MSHA 2G-11C, but that is just the flame resistance specification. I need to know what size and PSI rating to buy. I also need to know what crimp-on connector to buy.

Other info/sob story: I already asked for help from my local dealer, they sent me to a hose shop down the road. The hose shop made me a pair of hoses after I specified exactly where I would be connecting them. They said, "yep, we know exactly what you need." , but everything about the hoses they made is wrong. It's been months since I had the hoses made. I have been using the post hole digger on the 3-point and working a lot of overtime, so I'm just now getting back to putting the backhoe on the tractor.
Dont over think this - its ordinary 2 wire hydraulic hose.

Gates MSHA 2G is equivalent to industry standard R2 hose. I prefer their M2T hose which is an R16 equivalent. R16 is more flexible and has 1/2 the bend radius of R2. Pressure rating depends on hose size. Kubota hoses are typically 3/8" (-06) which would be 5000 PSI using R2 or R16. More than adequate for your hoe and tractor.

You can use any crimp fitting that matches the hose type and crimper. I have a Gates MobileCrimp 4-20 and I use Gates MegaCrimp and Weatherhead U type fittings with Gates M2T and generic R2 and R16 hose. Both work fine but the Gates MegaCrimp are 2 to 3 times the price of generics. The U type give you a bubble crimp and the MegaCrimp are full shell. Once you have settled on your components you need to set your crimper to the correct crimp diameter for the combination you are using.

So how do you plan on crimping these hoses?

Dan

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
OK, I found a picture of the BT820 and have a 'silly' idea.
Why not disconnect the 2 hoses(mark one tof them first !), take them o the dreaded hydraulic shop, and have them make 2 complete new ones that are longer ? This way they know EXACTLY what to do, and you eliminate the connections of the 'extension' hoses.
I don't know the fittings and numbers, just that in hydraulics, the fewer 'connections' the more reliable the system will be.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Why not disconnect the 2 hoses(mark one tof them first !), take them o the dreaded hydraulic shop, and have them make 2 complete new ones that are longer ? This way they know EXACTLY what to do, and you eliminate the connections of the 'extension' hoses.
I don't know the fittings and numbers, just that in hydraulics, the fewer 'connections' the more reliable the system will be.
The couplers are 3/8" female pipe. Unless the other ends are something very special (which I doubt) just buy a couple premade 3/8" hose assemblies of the needed length from some place like Surplus Center. They sell NRP Jones R16 assemblies by the foot. Available with your choice of JIC female swivel or rigid male pipe ends for roughly $2.50 / ft. If you need an adapter for one or both ends you can get them along with the hoses. Even with shipping it will likely be cheaper than custom made hoses from a hydraulic shop.

Dan

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
I’m still floored the hoses dont reach. Did you buy the unit new or used. Maybe they are aftermarket.
Mine easily reach unless the BH is laying on its side. Even with outriggers fully retracted.

frierfly

Equipment
B26TLB
Sep 15, 2019
Kentucky
I’m still floored the hoses dont reach. Did you buy the unit new or used. Maybe they are aftermarket.
Mine easily reach unless the BH is laying on its side. Even with outriggers fully retracted.
The hoses reached when I first disconnected the backhoe months ago, but the backhoe was still standing on it's outriggers. The outriggers have lost pressure and the backhoe base sank to the ground. The hoses don't reach now.

frierfly

Equipment
B26TLB
Sep 15, 2019
Kentucky
The extensions will just be temporary to get the backhoe off the ground so I can get it back on the tractor. I will remove them and just have the factory connections in use after I get the backhoe on the tractor.
The fitting numbers are 7J417-66220 and 7J471-66320

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The extensions will just be temporary to get the backhoe off the ground so I can get it back on the tractor. I will remove them and just have the factory connections in use after I get the backhoe on the tractor.
The fitting numbers are 7J417-66220 and 7J471-66320
Can't you set it back up with loader?

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
arrrrgh.....
The outriggers have lost pressure and the backhoe base sank to the ground.

now we know the real problem...
sounds like you need a backhoe to lift yours up to reinstall onto tractor....sigh.

a few scraps of 2by8s and a car jack will lift the backhoe up. yes it'll take some time, maybe an hour or so ,but it does work. other options would be car engine hoist, gantry crane, forklift, neighbours tractor with loader,tripod and comealongs,ant vehicle with a winch,

Reactions: 1 user

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
arrrrgh.....
The outriggers have lost pressure and the backhoe base sank to the ground.

now we know the real problem...
sounds like you need a backhoe to lift yours up to reinstall onto tractor....sigh.

a few scraps of 2by8s and a car jack will lift the backhoe up. yes it'll take some time, maybe an hour or so ,but it does work. other options would be car engine hoist, gantry crane, forklift, neighbours tractor with loader,tripod and comealongs,ant vehicle with a winch,
My BH weighs 2150 lbs. I am sure the B26 is smaller, but still going to weight quite a bit. Also not sure if there is a point with enough ground clearance to get purchase to jack it up. Maybe though…he can always try.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
you can put solid wood blocks under them. lift one side, block, goto other side, lift, block,back to other side, repeat if needed. Just be real careful when placing blocks, consider that BH could come down,so keep hands out of harms way.
after this is all done, I can see a concrete parking pad being NEXT on your 'todo' list.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
you can put solid wood blocks under them. lift one side, block, goto other side, lift, block,back to other side, repeat if needed. Just be real careful when placing blocks, consider that BH could come down,so keep hands out of harms way.
Precisely (y)

And if not all that's needed to hook up the hydraulics is a coupe short lengths of hydraulic hose with 3/8" NPT ends from the local TSC, Blains, or whatever.

Dan

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
I might be able to get it up with the loader, but the outriggers don't have pressure, so they aren't going to hold it up.
So is it on its side or standing up? If standing up, lift the back part with the loader and put it on blocks, then you can back into it again and have the room to hook the hoses up.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
this is one of those 'picture worth 1000 words' problems.......
and the owner is tooo close to it.
sometimes and extra pair of eyes, even 'long distance' can see a solution, hopefully an easy one.

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
this is one of those 'picture worth 1000 words' problems.......
and the owner is tooo close to it.
sometimes and extra pair of eyes, even 'long distance' can see a solution, hopefully an easy one.
Jay - -

True - - there's some other ways to skin that cat.....

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
As someone mentioned, I think those fittings you bought are 3/8 pipe thread (NPT). I think Tractor Supply's hoses are all pipe thread, so you could just pick up a couple of hoses there. You could also just use couplings (be sure they're rated for 2500#) to lengthen your hoses and save your new QD's.
But, depending on how your hoe is sitting, there may be residual pressure that you'll have to bleed off. And when you do, the hoe may shift.
Setting it back up on blocks may be best.