Need help....Leaking from weep holes on block--L240

shellman14315

Equipment
B9200, B7100
Oct 20, 2010
Loomis, Ca
Hi Everyone

I have an L240 grey market with I believe is a z1300 2 cyl engine. On the right side of the block, directly below each freeze plug(about 2 inches) , I have a weep hole (2) about the size of 1/16 inch.... I first noticed some fluid/goop coming out like rust colored and now it appears that it might be antifreeze. There is no water in the oil on the dipstick and it runs fine other than that. It does not appear normal in my opinion....does anybody know what those two tiny holes are for? Do I have a major problem? Do I need to fill them with JB Weld.....my dealer parts guy wasn't sure what they were. I put this thread on the grey market forum before i realized it should probably go here....if a mod can delete my other thread that would be great.

Thanks
Cory
Loomis, Calif.

Kmo

Equipment
L225, L240/L260, L2850
Oct 7, 2012
Atlantic, Ia
Hi Everyone

I have an L240 grey market with I believe is a z1300 2 cyl engine. On the right side of the block, directly below each freeze plug(about 2 inches) , I have a weep hole (2) about the size of 1/16 inch.... I first noticed some fluid/goop coming out like rust colored and now it appears that it might be antifreeze. There is no water in the oil on the dipstick and it runs fine other than that. It does not appear normal in my opinion....does anybody know what those two tiny holes are for? Do I have a major problem? Do I need to fill them with JB Weld.....my dealer parts guy wasn't sure what they were. I put this thread on the grey market forum before i realized it should probably go here....if a mod can delete my other thread that would be great.

Thanks
Cory
Loomis, Calif.
I have same issue. Did you find a solution the weep hole leakage?