Need help finding tiller part

btackett

Jan 18, 2012
Knoxville,Tn
As you probably know from my previous post that my 36" tiller is an older one and I do not know the mfg of it but found that most Metric parts fit it. Well all the bearings and seals were replaced except the upper feed shaft. I now have it apart and found out why it was leaking. The seal has made a groove in the press sleeve and it looks like the PO tried to knock it off to replace and damaged the sleeve. Here is what it looks like apart:

Here is how the seal plate goes on:

Here is a picture of the entire tiller so you can see the octagon feed shaft:

This sleeve presses onto the main shaft, then the seal plate goes over it and then the bearing presses onto the end of the shaft.

My question would be before going to a maching shop and having them turn me a sleeve, is there a similiar tiller out there that may use the same design and octagon shaft to see if the sleeve can be bought?

I could turn it down but the grooves are really deep and worried about it's strength.

Any ideas? Maybe someone knows of an online parts manual that would show the exploded view and I could contact mfg. for specs on the part?

The size where the groove is measures 40 mm, the size where the bearing presses on it 35 mm and the length of the sleeve is approx. 33 mm.

Last edited:

btackett

Jan 18, 2012
Knoxville,Tn
Not as bad as I thought. Took the sleeve to my machine shop and $40 later , whalaa

I thought about doing a slip on sleeve but they were $20 + shipping so this worked out ok.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
I have the feeling that if you could even find the correct part, it might cost more to get than what you spent on a custom made part. Congrats on the rebuild..

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
Yep I'd have just made one or gone to the shop myself. That's a decently price shop not that that thing took much to make.