Need help deciding.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
180 tons of decomposing granite
Hummmm do you know where it came from and have you ever run over it with a goldbug?

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
Swampbuck:

I too am from SE Minnesota, 20 miles from Iowa and 25 miles from Wisconsin. I plan on purchasing the B2650 as well to work on our 18 acres with a new house. Here are my thoughts on the purchase:

B2650 with cab and FEL- 54" bucket
60" mid mount mower deck
60" box blade
Snow blade
Fluid filled tires

I own 18 acres, my driveway and roads to my shed equal ~ 500 feet. I also will maintain my parents property with ~400 feet of driveway. I'm not getting any younger and hope to have this tractor for a long time, so I am pretty sure I will be getting the B2650 with a cab. Due to cost being a pretty big issue, I am deferring the snowblower and am leaning towards a FEL mounted snow blade (will have a 54" bucket to interchange with). The only other attachment I plan on purchasing with the tractor is a rear box blade to maintain all of the roads.

I'm not getting any younger and the winters aren't getting any warmer (forgive me Al Gore). So a cab is a priority, plus A/C will be nice during our hot, humid Summer days.

The dealer around here recommend fluid filled tires as well whenever a FEL is ordered. It's a no brainer here in bluff country where we have many hills and valley to use the tractor on.

As far as other implements, I figured I would rent them since I wouldn't use them regularly.

For snow removal I plan on getting a front blade. A snow blower unfortunately puts the tractor out of my budget, but if I feel that it may be worth it later on, I can always add it.

Last edited:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Brother Skeets,

I am sure its AZ granite. Much of our stuff is "crunchy and is crushed to to various sizes to use in yards out here. Sounds crazy to most outside of the Southwest but, crushed gravel makes a nice clean yard you don't have to water or mow.

What's a gold bug?

I am just about to add another 60 tons so lemmee know before I cover up valuable gold in the prior loads! :)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If there was any gold in the decomposed granite I'm sure it wouldn't have ended up being sold as simple decomposed granite, even though 1/2 the stuff is gold colored! :D

I don't think anyone that hasn't lived southern AZ could ever fathom how much of that stuff gets moved in one day!

90% of the landscaping down there, and all the freeway landscaping encompasses billions of tons of that stuff!

KennedyFarmer

Equipment
L3901, with not enough attachments
Jun 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
The L3901 is virtually identical in dimensions to my L3800 and its really easy to get in and around in tight spaces. Great sized machine that will do everything you want. Write that check and don't lose sleep -except for waiting for it to arrive!

As I said, I used mine doing a yard remodel at my home. We maneuvered to moved 60+ large boulders, and did other work in incredibly tight spaces. Sounds goofy but, its small enough to get most places, but big enough to do the job when you get there.

Here is mine doing the job in pretty tight spaces...

Lots of room to work with there. I been in tighter spots.