Need a Replacement Engine

TrippeTree&Timber

Equipment
Kubota B6100 4wd
Dec 18, 2010
Rochester, NY,United States
I have a B6100 with over 6500 hours on the engine. i depend on the tractor every day, and would like to find a direct replacment engine that is either running or needs to be rebuilt (prefered running). It needs to be a direct replacement for the d650-A thats in the machine now as far as physical size and hook up go. i was wondering if the d750 or d850 would fit in the same space. Any information on where to get an engine would be great.

MDsteve

Equipment
B7100, L225, L295DT
Jun 30, 2010
Forest Hill, MD
I suggest you contact Aaron at Diesel Repower in TN (Tel: 423 965 4817). He has a shop full of barely used small Kubota engines, and could tell you which ones might work in your B6100. They retire these diesel engines with very low hours in Japan, and he has a source for them. I bought a D850 and installed it to replace the D750 in my B7100. The engine blocks are the same, but you may have to swap components. I had to use the old oil pan, exhaust manifold, flywheel, and hydraulic pump, but the replacement engine had only about 300-400 hours, and it gave me a few more HP. Was also able to use the water pump to replace the old thermosiphon system with just some minor modifications to the magneto bracket, radiator plumbing, and left side engine grille. The replacement engine runs perfect, and has very good compression.

Big job, but well worth it to get some more life out of your tractor.

mud from mo

Equipment
b8200
Dec 17, 2010
New Melle MO
Hey trippe,

I also had great luck with Diesel Repower in TN. Look online as said in earlier post. Perchased a used D950 for my b8200. It was the same engine block which fits up to the tractor, but I did have to switch a few things. .Hydraulic pump was a little different and a few other minor things. But nothing a few gaskets and a day of wrenchen' won't fix. As I recall it was about 1/2 the price of a rebuilt/remanufactured engine.

Mud