My take on carryall, lites and brake lite

Watchmaker

Equipment
B2601 HST, LP RCR 1548, LA 435
Aug 20, 2015
New Hampshire
This forum has been very helpful. After a year, and a long winter, I finally decided which things to add.

Brake lite: Many adopters seem to use the brake pedal itself to operate the switch, which is not only exposed to the weather, but also the lite comes on with every brake push and is not helpful when using dual brakes for steering. I operate my switch off the parking brake set lever. You can expose this by removing the instrument panel cover (2 10mm bolts and a philips screw above the steering wheel) and removing the steering wheel (easy).
I used a "whisker" switch from Amazon and bent the arm for correct operation. I mounted the switch to the frame member under the steering wheel with 3m all weather double sided tape (working for my dashcams after 5 years).

I placed the light (Blue Sea) where it is unobstructed. Now I know when the parking brake is set.

ROPS lights. I am right handed. I mounted the switch on the right-hand cover plate. I also tapped off the cigarette lighter, I did not see the utility of running all the way to the battery, Fuse is accessible under the removable junk tray. Mounted the relay on driver side of fender.

Above the rops lite switch is the switch to operate my 30 gallon tank sprayer. I have weatherproof screw together connectors, a female at the rear fender and a male running from my sprayer.

Carryall: you will recognize the poached design. Damn it is HEAVY!!. Must be 250 lbs of ballast. Takes the weight off the front axle.

I mounted 2X10s on the frame uprights so the box would clear my ez hitch. This simplified the tool and saw carrier. My tools mount right behind the ROPS where they are protected. Saw scabbard was simplified as well.

The EA toothbar is scary close in tolerances; as in almost none! But the design is right and it works very well.

PXL_20230417_143112300.jpg

PXL_20230417_143015335.jpg

PXL_20230417_143026194.jpg

PXL_20230417_142923050.jpg

PXL_20230417_142940478.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Welcome aboard. Nice job(s)! I need to add a brake light. On Saturday I drove a few hundred feet with the parking brake set. Only noticed it was on when the tractor seemed to have trouble going up a hill.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Carryall: you will recognize the poached design. Damn it is HEAVY!!. Must be 250 lbs of ballast. Takes the weight off the front axle.

I mounted 2X10s on the frame uprights so the box would clear my ez hitch. This simplified the tool and saw carrier. My tools mount right behind the ROPS where they are protected. Saw scabbard was simplified as well.

[/QUOTE]
Looks great👍. I suspect we watched the same video. 😉. I may have an added a couple personalizations. (Trim on the T/G pieces so when using as a bench screws don’t roll off and the trailer hitch…the trailer hitch and wheel reduce the departure angle a bit and I have a hilly property…it’s functional but I scrape the ground from time to to time.)

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia

Looks great👍. I suspect we watched the same video. 😉. I may have an added a couple personalizations. (Trim on the T/G pieces so when using as a bench screws don’t roll off and the trailer hitch…the trailer hitch and wheel reduce the departure angle a big and I have a hilly property…it’s functional but I scrape the ground from time to to time.)
[/QUOTE]
Looks like a "Carry One" lol. Might fit another GSD though 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Very nice @Watchmaker and welcome! Are you really a watch maker? If so, that's really cool. I have a bit of a thing for nice watches, mechanical of course.

Steamer Pete

Equipment
LX2610
Mar 29, 2021
Holland, MI
If you have access to one, a router with a 3/8" round over bit will soften a lot of the sharp edges that will offer up splinters in the future. Else, some time with a sanding disk will help a lot too.

Watchmaker

Equipment
B2601 HST, LP RCR 1548, LA 435
Aug 20, 2015
New Hampshire
Thanks to all; especially for the opportunity to learn. I am going to combine the router/parts holder ideas by routing a hollow in one of the tailgate boards for screws.

Yes, I really am a watchmaker, although now only during the winter months (Swiss plan). Pushing 70 and there is too much yet to do. My website is setup mainly to provide breadcrumbs for those coming behind me. I have not touched it since moving to NH though. www.historictimekeepers.com.