My steed

rongarrett

Equipment
M7040 SU
Nov 10, 2011
Newnan Georgia
It's taken awhile but I finally have my tractor outfited like I want it. One small item is yet to be completed,{smoked plexiglass sun visor for the front of the canopy}. Otherwise it is complete..

Here is what it rides on for distant hayfields.

Last edited:

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Very nice tractor and trailer.

Joebd5

Equipment
ZD-221 B2320
Jan 8, 2012
St. Peters MO. USA
Beautiful, love the orange wheels on the trailer. The visor you need is made by Rosen, they are primarily used on aircraft, and are the best there is.

rongarrett

Equipment
M7040 SU
Nov 10, 2011
Newnan Georgia
Beautiful, love the orange wheels on the trailer. The visor you need is made by Rosen, they are primarily used on aircraft, and are the best there is.
I'll try and hunt them down right now. We have smoked plexi glass at the shop and a water jet to cut it, but I am curious what Rosen has to offer. Would love to make it a flip up visor.

rongarrett

Equipment
M7040 SU
Nov 10, 2011
Newnan Georgia
I found the visors mentioned. Found just the right one too, 10 X 28" and pivotal bracket. However, $500.00 is a litle rich for my blood. I will prolly end up with plain smoked plexiglass as that will cost me nothing.

I did make some spacers today and raised the seat 3/4". I'm 6' 4" and the seat was just too low for best comfort.

Last edited:

rongarrett

Equipment
M7040 SU
Nov 10, 2011
Newnan Georgia
Oh yeah. I realized today after looking at my brush gard install that I had it improperly installed. Got it on there in proper manner now.

Joebd5

Equipment
ZD-221 B2320
Jan 8, 2012
St. Peters MO. USA
Don't give up on Rosen, There are expensive, but I got mine at an aircraft junkyard outside of Kansas City, MO. for a fraction of the list price. It is called White Industries.

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Dang, that's a great lookin tractor!!!!

I'd like to have a big 2wd like that for a dedicated bush hog mowing machine...

rongarrett

Equipment
M7040 SU
Nov 10, 2011
Newnan Georgia
This tractor is a "jack of all trades" Just got thru subsoiling one of our fields with it. It also handles the disc mower, fluffer, rake, square baler, round baler, post hole digger, and fence stretcher. Along with that it is used for hay rides and parades. Oh yes, we have a post driver which it operates as well as a shuttle for the six hay trailers we have, and bush hog. Currently working on a corn auger too for a small silo we picked up. Boss is a Ford man, but he likes the Kubota.

rongarrett

Equipment
M7040 SU
Nov 10, 2011
Newnan Georgia
I have it in my mind to add a windsield to give me more protection from the sun. {Doc sez very important}. I can fabricate the framework out of steel. Ditto the brackets to hold glass, {bedded in silacone}. Having problems finding exactly what kind of glass is required. I know safety glass, but where do you find such that can be cut to fit frame ?

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
I have it in my mind to add a windsield to give me more protection from the sun. {Doc sez very important}. I can fabricate the framework out of steel. Ditto the brackets to hold glass, {bedded in silacone}. Having problems finding exactly what kind of glass is required. I know safety glass, but where do you find such that can be cut to fit frame ?
Hello,

If you can't find a source, just use a piece from a car or even better a side window from a bus, which would be flat.
And then cut it to the size of your frame.
Normally the safety glass is made out of two panes and a foil in between. You have to cut with a glass cutter (diamond or steel) first one side of the glass, break it and at the same position at the other side. Carefully break the glass and then you need to use knife to cut the foil. Don't try to rip it, you need to cut the foil.

Cutting flat glass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccd-PLyI0ic

Cutting windshield:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl5nm48pYFc

I would try to find a car or small truck which windshield would already make a good one for the tractor.

Good luck and have fun.

carl

Last edited:

rongarrett

Equipment
M7040 SU
Nov 10, 2011
Newnan Georgia
Thanks cabu. It would just about have to be flat to work. I had a double pane picture window made for a house once. Guess I need to visit some glass companies and see what I can come up with.