My new 2601 (pics included)

WKUalum

Equipment
B2601
Apr 3, 2020
Fenton MI
What a great feeling to buy something new. Besides building our house this is the only other thing in my life I have bought new. With 0% interest - it's hard to consider buying used. Especially when you can finance the implements at 0% too.

I debated this for months. B2650 or B2601. I talked myself in and out of each one at least a dozen times. I wanted the bigger frame of the 2650 but then I didn't want it to take up as much room in my barn. I almost pulled the trigger on a B2650 cab model used for $19,500 with 160 hours on it but again talked myself out of it. Also worried that while doing work in the woods I would shatter a piece of that glass. I am sure it's not cheap. In the end - I am a weekend warrior and spend too much time in the office to warrant a bigger tractor. I also felt like the 2601 was a little more stable as I have a hilly terrain. After 5 hours of seat time this weekend - I love the thing. Here's to hoping for years of trouble free service out of this bad boy.

Next project is to make a cab like a guy. type in B2601 Cab and it should come up. Or - I would pay someone if they have the time to make it as nice as this. I am sure my skills aren't quite as good.

I own 10 acres on a lake in Michigan. We are 7-8 minutes from town. It's a slice of heaven in my eyes.

Sorry - it wouldn't let me add pictures. Apparently I need to post more...ha ha

Last edited:

tawood

Equipment
L2501
Apr 18, 2020
Lapeer, MI
Good on you! I did the same thing last year, btw, buying a new L2501. I rarely buy anything new vehicle-wise, and nearly always buy used. But like you, that 0% financing was a siren call! I still have the cash in the bank that I was going to use to buy the tractor! I even tried to just pay cash, hoping the dealer would lower the price for a cash deal, but he said he gets his money immediately either way, so the price was the same.

I'm not too far from you, so I'm wondering which dealer you used. I bought mine at R&M motors on Walton in Pontiac. I could not have asked for a better dealer experience either, as they were great.

luc.who

Sep 1, 2018
Lewisberry PA
Welcome to the forum from York Pa. I have a BX23s and continue to look at the 2650... as I look at it, the BX23 continues to do everything I need... well except for the grapple! That may be my next add!

WKUalum

Equipment
B2601
Apr 3, 2020
Fenton MI
I actually bought mine from a place in Kentucky. That's where I am originally from. Just hope the Flint New Holland dealer doesn't give me grief about service or any warranty work etc. Is that where you plan on having your service work done?

Can wait to get more seat time.

Good on you! I did the same thing last year, btw, buying a new L2501. I rarely buy anything new vehicle-wise, and nearly always buy used. But like you, that 0% financing was a siren call! I still have the cash in the bank that I was going to use to buy the tractor! I even tried to just pay cash, hoping the dealer would lower the price for a cash deal, but he said he gets his money immediately either way, so the price was the same.

I'm not too far from you, so I'm wondering which dealer you used. I bought mine at R&M motors on Walton in Pontiac. I could not have asked for a better dealer experience either, as they were great.

Steve67

Equipment
B2601-fel, 60"mmm, 5' rear blade, balast box
Jan 20, 2017
St. Louis, mo.
You will enjoy having the b2601 it is a work horse as is most kubota tractors. In fact you will make up projects to do just to get more seat time! :D

tawood

Equipment
L2501
Apr 18, 2020
Lapeer, MI
I actually bought mine from a place in Kentucky. That's where I am originally from. Just hope the Flint New Holland dealer doesn't give me grief about service or any warranty work etc. Is that where you plan on having your service work done?

Can wait to get more seat time.
My dealer had agreed to come get it if I had warranty work necessary (I didn't). Anything service work wise, I will do myself.

sn0wman72

Nov 16, 2019
Plain, WA
Congratulations on your purchase, I am certain you will enjoy the new tractor!

We purchased ours in the fall, and like you went back and forth between two series's of Kubota's. With a winter done the B2601 was the right choice

Beefranks

Equipment
B2650 , LA534A Loader , BH77 Backhoe , SGC06 Clawgrapple
Mar 30, 2020
TABIONA,utah, usa
Congratulations! I just got my B2650 on monday with a cab and love it! I hate the heat and the a/c is amazing. Also snowblower time will be great in the heated cab.

Today i dug a 5 ft deep hole for some irrigation and it did it super well.

I'm sure your 2601 will be perfect for you! Glad you got something to work your land.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
You made a good choice. I have the older version (B2620) and they are great tractors.
They may be small but you will be amazed at what they can do.
I've put mine through some very hard work and only issue I've had with mine is the tack weld on the loader joy stick broke, so I had to weld it back on. But zero issues with tractor.
If I had to replace it for reason right now, it would be with a B2601.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I reckon you have enough posts to show us pictures now. 5 posts I think is the requirement. Pics!!!!!