My mom started a blog

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
This is something my mom has been wanting to do for a while now and has been preparing for it in great detail. Do any of you're wives or moms do this? I guess this is becoming quite popular. I thought I might share as her blog for today is about me as its my bd and she talks about my Kubota. http://www.awindow-lookacrosstheway.blogspot.com/ She is planing on doing a lot of blogs on cooking and country decorating so share this with your wives and others that might be interested.

Thanks, Gurn

Last edited:

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Well then....

HAPPY
BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Profnohair

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, 42" bh, box blade, G6200HST, Mahindra 450 with BH, FEL, etc.
Happy Birthday.

Also, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your mom's blog posts. She has a way of putting words together that draw you in to read more. The pictures only enhance the process.

And I am also jealous that you got/get to live in the mountains. The highest mountain (actually a hill) in the New Orleans area is Monkey Hill in Audubon Park. And it is man made. I do get up to the Smokys as often as possible and will return next summer for our extended family's vacation. Couldn't do it this year, I had to buy my five acres so i could buy a tractor and have fun at it. You know how it is.

Kytim

Equipment
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Okay, forgive me but I gotta ask...

Where did the name Gurn come from?

I have a feeling its a good story.

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
Years ago when Steve Martin started out doing comedy I bought his records and one of his skits was how his real name was Gurn Blanston. He always got a lot of laughs from that and I thought it was the funniest name so I started telling people that was my real name for laughs.It kinda stuck with my friends then I later used it as my online name. Ha, I even order pizza by that name ;)

Kytim

Equipment
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
I got a friend who uses the name john shaggnasty. It couldn't be further from his real name.