My Kubota 3030 just clicks when I try to start it do I need a new starter solenoid.

kevinj

Equipment
L3940hstc - B7500hst - BX1860 - Farmall 560D - Farmall M
Jun 4, 2018
Michigan
You need to check voltage and clean connection2 before throwing parts at it.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Kubota want start just clicks do I need a new solenoid.
Maybe, but you should first verify that the battery is both good and fully charged, cables are good, and all connections are clean and tight.

SDT

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Maybe, but you should first verify that the battery is both good and fully charged, cables are good, and all connections are clean and tight.

SDT
The “click click no start” symptom seems to be common on tractors.

Frequently it is due to resistance developing in the contacts of the switchs connected to the various functions like the PTO or the directional pedal on HST tractors, or whatever. Of course it could also be something else like a poor Connection in the wiring As mentioned above. Or simply a weak battery as also mentioned above.

if it is an issue with the safety switches, one solution is to use and interposing relay between the wiring that comes to the solenoid from the safety switches and the solenoid itself. The relay is activated by the safety switches, and the relay contacts apply 12 V directly to the starter solenoid. The reason this works is because the relay requires much less electrical current to operate than the starter solenoid, so there is much less voltage drop across the resistances that have developed in the safety switches.

Not saying this is your problem. Just suggesting this is one possible alternative solution.

Drcollie

Sep 16, 2021
Northern Virginia
In my experience 95% of the time it's battery or battery cable related (tight ground, etc). Even if the battery is relatively new, they can fail. Starter Solenoids rarely are the issue.

Reactions: 1 user