my fuel refill setup

John T

Well-known member

Equipment
2017 BX23S 385XP Miller211 1952 Panhead Orange Ludwig 4 piece
May 5, 2017
1,375
900
113
under a rock
165 gallon ROTH insulated tank.
Harbor freight transfer pump (12v) runs off battery tender pigtail to tractor battery.

drop the pickup hose into the tank and hit the button.
Fills the BX tank real quick.

Been running this for several years now.
#2 Home heating oil ... also runs the furnace in my garage.

beats filling 5 gallon cans.
image0.jpeg image1.jpeg image2.jpeg image3.jpeg image4.jpeg
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 users

Runs With Scissors

Well-known member

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
4,121
5,575
113
Michigan
Very nice!

So do you have the fuel delivered?

Love that "pig tail" set up. (y) (y)

I gotta do something like that on mine.

Right now I have to lift the hood, connect pump with clips, shut hood, then pump......then re-lift hood to disconnect......Kind of a PITA.....


Although it still beats holding a can over the hood🤷‍♂️
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

John T

Well-known member

Equipment
2017 BX23S 385XP Miller211 1952 Panhead Orange Ludwig 4 piece
May 5, 2017
1,375
900
113
under a rock
So do you have the fuel delivered?
Yes I have home heating oil delivered a couple times a year.
275 gal. Roth tank at the house also.

I'm good for a while but I'm dreading the next delivery.... price is $5.30 a gal. this morning.
(diesel is $6.50+)

thankfully I also have a wood stove.