My front plow setup (G1900)

Freakingstang

Oct 23, 2011
NE Ohio
I've looked and looked for a snow blade (g2001) for almost six months to plow my two driveways with. They have been discontinued for years. The only ones I've found were at dealers with tractors And no one would separate them. The g1700/1800/1900/2000 all used the sane plow and was a mid lift design that used The existing belly mower mounts and lift setup.

So I bought a B2750 front blade setup off of craigslist for 150 bucks. This was designed for a B5100

I didn't want to chop up the existing mounting brackets in case I get a bigger tractor I can reuse it ( with minor work)

I made a Reese style front hitch for the tractor. I then took lots of measurements and made a slide in receiver style front connection. I simply welded some 4" channel in between the factory mounting brackets and then welded that to the 2" box tube.

I wire wheeled and sandblasted what I could. I then POR 15'd the entire setup for long life and good looks. I misted sons kubota orange on while it was still tacky

Attachments

Freakingstang

Oct 23, 2011
NE Ohio
Thanks. I used to fabricate things for a living so I try to take things into consideration when I have to make something. I also like to make as much as possible on a budget (ie, "scrap" metal) Here's some pics of the hitch setup. I made it removable. I took an old Reese hitch my buddy was gonna throw out and cut it up and reinforced it. Drilled and tap the backside and bolted it to the front frame and the existing front bumper. It also doubles as a new bumper..
I'm waiting on my four way valve to show up so I can plumb in the deck lift, plow lift and rear 3 point cylinders into the one valve. This isn't an industrial tractor and doesn't have an upgradable hydraulic valve bank.

My next project is to make a rear 3 point that uses the receiver slide in hitch for my rear hitch. I made a weight box already also.

This is a garden tractor, I realize that, just trying to make the most use of it until I can afford a better tractor for my needs

Attachments

kcservak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2250 with backhoe 72" finish mower and front dirt blade.
Sep 25, 2011
poughkeepsie ny
Thanks. I used to fabricate things for a living so I try to take things into consideration when I have to make something. I also like to make as much as possible on a budget (ie, "scrap" metal) Here's some pics of the hitch setup. I made it removable. I took an old Reese hitch my buddy was gonna throw out and cut it up and reinforced it. Drilled and tap the backside and bolted it to the front frame and the existing front bumper. It also doubles as a new bumper..
I'm waiting on my four way valve to show up so I can plumb in the deck lift, plow lift and rear 3 point cylinders into the one valve. This isn't an industrial tractor and doesn't have an upgradable hydraulic valve bank.

My next project is to make a rear 3 point that uses the receiver slide in hitch for my rear hitch. I made a weight box already also.

This is a garden tractor, I realize that, just trying to make the most use of it until I can afford a better tractor for my needs
Freakingstang thats a real nice job you done there do you have your own shop.

Freakingstang

Oct 23, 2011
NE Ohio
I just bought a huge garage and it came with a nice house. Lol.

I grew up restoring classic mustangs and building hot rods with my father. Mom and dad split and we didnt do anything for years I just am getting my new shop setup. I have my welders, plasma cutter, air compressor, blast cabinet, etc. Just bought a 10k lb 2 post Chippewa lift from a buddy. Need to get the cars out so I can get to doing work. I have a couple customer cars now.

Got the hydraulics all setup today with a 3 way valve. My valve body isn't like a conventional tractor. So I can switch between the deck, plow and the future three point setup. I chained the blade up today and was thoroughly impressed with the filled tires and 200lbs on the ass end. It was like a mini dozer. I've used other garden tractors with plows to lush dirt and gravel and this is no comparison!

Here's a few pics of the garage. Don't mind the mess. Still getting setup and organizing inventory from all the old Mid-Ohio Mustang business. The garage is 48' wide x 40' deep with 14' tall ceilings. It has a double door on the front of the house and a 10' single on the back side so I can access the back 1 1/2 car garage easily. The 03' cobra and 66 mustang coupe are both mine. The rest are customer cars.

Attachments

kcservak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2250 with backhoe 72" finish mower and front dirt blade.
Sep 25, 2011
poughkeepsie ny
I just bought a huge garage and it came with a nice house. Lol.

I grew up restoring classic mustangs and building hot rods with my father. Mom and dad split and we didnt do anything for years I just am getting my new shop setup. I have my welders, plasma cutter, air compressor, blast cabinet, etc. Just bought a 10k lb 2 post Chippewa lift from a buddy. Need to get the cars out so I can get to doing work. I have a couple customer cars now.

Got the hydraulics all setup today with a 3 way valve. My valve body isn't like a conventional tractor. So I can switch between the deck, plow and the future three point setup. I chained the blade up today and was thoroughly impressed with the filled tires and 200lbs on the ass end. It was like a mini dozer. I've used other garden tractors with plows to lush dirt and gravel and this is no comparison!

Here's a few pics of the garage. Don't mind the mess. Still getting setup and organizing inventory from all the old Mid-Ohio Mustang business. The garage is 48' wide x 40' deep with 14' tall ceilings. It has a double door on the front of the house and a 10' single on the back side so I can access the back 1 1/2 car garage easily. The 03' cobra and 66 mustang coupe are both mine. The rest are customer cars.[/QUOT

Wow looks like you will have a killer shop when you have it set up keep us updated.
Keith.

Freakingstang

Oct 23, 2011
NE Ohio
Wow looks like you will have a killer shop when you have it set up keep us updated.
Keith.

Thanks! Took me a few years of traveling for work to be able to afford it and and find the right place!

I scored a mini kubota brand grater blade this weekend for a whopping 30 bucks. I scored some other fab steel and cat 0 hitch off of an old sears tractor for 20 bones. Gonna start fabbing up my mini 3 point hitch soon. If all goes well I'll have 50 bucks in the whole rear hitch/blade setup. The same guy also has a small brinley disc and single bottom plow that fit on the sears sleeve hitch for 20 bucks each. I'll have just about everything I need to build/level maintain my property (within reason) for less than a couple hundred bucks

Attachments

Freakingstang

Oct 23, 2011
NE Ohio
Played around last night for a bit. Seems the sleeve hitch will be an easy bolt on. Just need to fab up some attaching brackets. Maybe I'll mess with the three point setup down the road.

The blade is reversible and also has provisions for an offset mount by unbolting the blade mount. The blade is very thick and very heavy for only being 45" wide. Should work perfect for my ditch leveling and gravel spreading needs

Attachments