My BX23S didn't start....hmm

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Was using it for couple hours moving top soil, took a break. Went to restart, lights come on but not the starter.
hmmm...last time (700+ hrs ago) , the control wire at the starter solenoid had popped off.
Nope, it's good and tight
OK...what's THIS hanging spade lug and wire for ??
The oil pressure sensor !
Fine, I reattach it, click, vrooom, away we go..

Must be some kind of 'interlock' that HAS to see the 'no oil pressure' before the engine IS allowed to start.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Was using it for couple hours moving top soil, took a break. Went to restart, lights come on but not the starter.
hmmm...last time (700+ hrs ago) , the control wire at the starter solenoid had popped off.
Nope, it's good and tight
OK...what's THIS hanging spade lug and wire for ??
The oil pressure sensor !
Fine, I reattach it, click, vrooom, away we go..

Must be some kind of 'interlock' that HAS to see the 'no oil pressure' before the engine IS allowed to start.
But with the wire off wouldn’t it see no oil pressure all the time?

Puzzling. Maybe the sensor has high resistance that lowers when oil pressure increases?

Pull that wire off again when the tractor is where you want to park it and see what happens. Then the guys here that really can help can contribute. Even if just to explain how that part of the system works.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
yes, it is curious.... right now is 40*C and too dang hot to even THINK about it..
will do the 'test' tomorrow and report back.

now, IF I had a GOOD wiring diagram, it'd help. The fuzzy PDF I have shows oil pressure wire (unknown colour) going to the dash.. I presume the OIL light. The 'high' end of th elight goes to two others and the 'CPU' and back out to 'other stuff'

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
The Kubota Nannies saved your engine !
;-)

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
OK, curiousity got the better of me...
even though 90 IN THE GARAGE, pulled the oil pressure wire off, engine starts fine. did it 3 times.
so have no idea why it didn't this morning or when the wire fell off...
sigh
one of life's mysteries I suppose.