My B7610 is going back

filix

Mar 23, 2015
arundel
The Tractor is gone. He gave me my money back. I was hoping he might offer to give me a special deal "maybe cost" on a new Kubota or JD? For all my aggravation? Wishful thinking. Thanks Guys for all the good advice on what to look for.

filix

Mar 23, 2015
arundel
It's funny that B7610 came with a 49" bucket. I wonder if that was the original bucket since the tractor is about 53" wide at the back tires. I was seriously considering a brand new 2620. They are replacing that with the new 2601. The best quote on the 2620 I found is 15,900 cash. That's with a 54" loader.

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
The Tractor is gone. He gave me my money back. I was hoping he might offer to give me a special deal "maybe cost" on a new Kubota or JD? For all my aggravation? Wishful thinking. Thanks Guys for all the good advice on what to look for.
Filix,

Congrats! That dealer came through. Likely he/they knew they put lipstick on a pig and sold it for a beef steer.

I agree with taking a friend who can help you look over your next purchase. Sorry you had that experience but at least you got out of it.

Good luck,

Burt

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
My B7610 has a 49" bucket as well. Sorry you got a whooped machine... I love mine. Wish I had the money for it sooner.

I was not impressed buy JD 855, 755 or newer baby 1023R. Im not impressed by any SCUT for that matter...

The B2410 is the same machine, with a few extra options, if your on the hunt again?

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
I'm not a fan of buying anything used from a dealer, overpriced and you really have no idea how it was used before because they all lie. Your paying way too much for it, and you don't get anything special in return. Any dealer wether it be cars, trucks, tractors, or power toys make their most money on selling used stuff.

"Factory Certified" is one of the biggest scams going. Traded a car into a dealer before that I serviced myself, never once brought it to the dealer for anything. They say "factory certified" stuff has always been serviced by their "expert" techs. Well a few days later saw my old car on the lot with the factory certified sticker on the windshield...

Your best bet buying used is always from a private party sale. Tractors...Find one that was owned by an older home owner (like most of us on here that take good care of our equipment). Do some investigating and ask the owner questions. Look around their shop and property, what did he or she use the tractor for? How well is the rest of their stuff they own taken care of? Things like that are dead giveaways. If they own a ton of land and work it hard, you may want to walk away and find one that was a glorified lawn mower and not a land clearing rig. Your going to pay less than retail, and you will get a machine that was well taken care of and will last you a very long time.

Don't hate the orange because a dealer tried to shaft ya, they are tough to beat hands down.

CJN8

Equipment
B2650HSD, LA534 FEL, Gearmore Box Blade, Bush Hog, Cimmeron Rake
Nov 16, 2013
San Diego, CA
I agree OldEnglish. Dealer offered me $2500 for my B7200HST with loader and box blade. I was able to get $6250 for it selling it myself on craigslist.

OldeEnglish

Equipment
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA

That looks like a nice machine, but that's a dealer pricing. If your looking for a 30HP machine, there could be something out there private party comparable for less money. In my opinion, if your going to drop that much money, you mind as well go new. I don't know if your a cash buyer or looking for financing, but either way you will get a nice B or BX series for around that price with a FEL. Wether it be a cash sale or financing, buying new at that price range will work in your favor.

It all depends what you need it for and how much you want to spend. Everyone on here will be more than willing to point you in the right direction with the right machine for what you need it for. 30hp is a good amount of power, I read of a lot of people going with the B2620 and smaller and they love it. You should narrow down to exactly what you need and go from there.

filix

Mar 23, 2015
arundel
OldeEnglish you make a good point. 30hp 4 cylinder would be nice especially in the winter. I was told here that the B7610 is a little lite for snow removal. A new 2620 is 15900 without tax. The used B7800 is 14900 without tax. I wonder how many people here like their B2620 or their B7800? Decisions decisions.

Last edited:

OldeEnglish

Equipment
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
The power you need all depends on what you plan on running for attachments. For snow removal, I don't see why a b2620 or smaller would have a hard time moving snow. There are pleanty of folks on here with them that could give you some input on how much snow they move with a blower. I know I have read in here a lot of folks moving a ton snow with a bx and they have no problems. Hell I used my old 16hp b7100 with a blower that is too heavy/underpowered for it last winter and it did a hell of a job. I also use my father's b2910, about 30 hp, with the FEL only to move snow at his place and I never felt it needed more power. I would love to put a front snowblower on that and I bet it would throw what ever I put in front of it. There is no need because the FEL works just fine, just takes a little longer. We've lifted large slabs of stone for stair steppers with a hoe on the back. They were so heavy it about endowed rolling across the yard, but it moved and lifted them.

Shop around if buying new. I don't know where your located but that last tractor you were looking at was located near me. If your in WMass, head over to Troy, NY, there is a orange dealer there. When my pops bought his he shopped around and nobody could touch their price. NH is also a good option, no sales tax :D.