MX6000 Grapple users

windy city

Equipment
Jul 3, 2022
USA
I am picking up a new MX6000 in a few weeks, was wondering is anyone else who owns one (or another similarly sized model) has had good or bad luck with any particular grapple brand. I will use it for moving logs and bruch, but also for seperating larger stones as the ground where I am is very rocky.

Thanks

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I am picking up a new MX6000 in a few weeks, was wondering is anyone else who owns one (or another similarly sized model) has had good or bad luck with any particular grapple brand. I will use it for moving logs and bruch, but also for seperating larger stones as the ground where I am is very rocky.

Thanks
Can of worms indeed! I have an MX and M and our needs sound similar. I use the same 60" grapple on both tractors moving rocks and logs, and also to lift implements on/off trailers. I don't do much in the way of moving brush so I opted for a model that was well suited to heavy lifting with shorter, thicker, gusseted tines and built as tough as possible. There are lots of good choices out there, and some bad ones. Here's my suggested list of features for the ideal grapple for an MX or similar model given the intended use.

• 60" width
  • Strong
  • Tough
  • Shorter lower tines (root rake style)
  • Light as possible (400lb or less)
  • Center hinge on lid
  • Not Chinese
These photos show the same 60" grapple in action. It's built strong enough to pick up and move 2,000lb + boulders or implements. Other than some scratched paint, there's no damage to this grapple despite hard use. That's an MX6000 in the last photo, since replaced with the cab version. I tend to use the grapple on the M more these days given the lift capacity and height of the loader, and knowing what I know now would have bought the 66" version, but that's the only thing I'd do different.

m6060_disc_harrow_02.jpg

m6060_tree_04.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:

TX Chris

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5400, BH92, RTV900, ZD326
Dec 14, 2020
Rowlett, TX
I've got the baby brother to yours, the MX 5400. I use the Everything Attachments 60" Wicked Root Rake Grapple.

I admittedly still have low hours on the grapple, but it's performed flawlessly so far. They aren't cheap, but you'll be hard pressed to find much in the way of negative reviews.

60 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple

We should be closing on a 49 acre property in 2-3 weeks and the grapple will likely become the primary implement mounted on the FEL. Lots of downed trees to pile and burn and lots of cedar trees to clear out.

Reactions: 1 user

Popgadget

Equipment
L6060
Mar 11, 2020
PA
60” EA Root rake grapple on a L6060 works great. I have no regrets.

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio

Thanks
Good day. I originally bought a LP 0660 grapple for my BX…I bought it a little bigger so I could use as I go up in size eventually. Fast forward to today I use mainly with my B, but I have used with my MX. it’s not appropriate for the MX IMO but it works if careful (I think the Mx would be way too much tractor for the way the 0660 is constructed). If I needed to use frequently with MX, I would consider either forks with the grapple claw or most likely give EA a really hard look. I think also the shape/profile/style is another thing to compare and decide between the claw style and the skeleton grapple. My little grapple is the claw style and it struggles holding logs from a crotch of tree or when not straight logs / tapered….I think the Skelton style with two separate clamps do a much better job holding the logs. Anyway those are my thoughts if I were buying for an MX.

Last edited:

windy city

Equipment
Jul 3, 2022
USA
Thanks to all who have commented. I am leaning towards a 66" Vernig V50 Skeleton grapple. I would like something with a bottom that can scoop or retain material using gravity as opposed to being 100% depndant on clamping force.