Mx5800 pricing

arm

Equipment
b3030
Apr 20, 2018
Iowa
Guys. I've read through some similar threads but I just don't get it. Local dealer is quoting 36k for tractor and loader. Another dealer out of state same same tractor loader brush mower box scraper and a 20' 10k trailer....for the same price. Both have same financing options from Kubota if I choose to go that route. Both places give almost same amount on trade. Local place is obviously screwing me? I even told them about the packages deal but I didn't get much of a response...i left say that I'd let them know

I mean...we're 6k (conservatively) difference in value. What's going on here?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

japollner

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 23, 2018
GREENFIELD
They way I understand it from my research is that larger dealers or dealers that order more tractors at once or buy those tractors in advance, will get better pricing on those tractors from Kubota than a dealer that has to order one or two tractors at a time, or only orders tractors when they have a commitment from a buyer.

I am guessing the out of state dealer got a better deal on the tractor from Kubota and is passing that deal along to you, the consumer.

arm

Equipment
b3030
Apr 20, 2018
Iowa
Unrelated comment. Why isn't there a like button on this forum? :) thanks for the reply

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
No like button?

Perhaps the incentive from administrators is to encourage more input and participation in discussion than a big fat thumb? There is one of those little symbols available. Emoji.

Maybe Moss Road or Mike PA will offer commentary?

WHY do you like or dislike a specific position on the topic?

To the OP:

I believe it violates federal law to charge any dealer a different cost for the same machine. That said, they may offer incentives and promotions such as advertising assistance that might reduce cost. They may offer attachments at very reasonable cost if purchased as a combination package. With that, the dealer is purchasing a package, not an individual tractor. That changes the landscape. Find the term dude condescending, just saying.......

Attachments

Last edited:

arm

Equipment
b3030
Apr 20, 2018
Iowa
No like button?

Perhaps the incentive from administrators is to encourage more input and participation in discussion than a big fat thumb?

Maybe Moss Road or Mike PA will offer commentary?

WHY do you like or dislike a specific position on the topic?
Dude settle down. Simply wanted to like the first response to my question, me being the OP, to show appreciation for the feedback. Or are you just kidding?