MX5400 vs M5660 size?

McCrosky2004

Equipment
2022 Kubota M5660SUHD 4WD FEL, 1979 Ford 1900 2WD
May 30, 2022
South Louisiana
there is a reason the M is easy to find but the MX in such higher demand
Well thanks for everyone’s help. Back to waiting for the MX. Would like the M5660 but after some of the thing’s y’all mentioned it’s just a little to much tractor. Liked the tilt steering, shuttle shift and rear remote though. Cathy your right about the MX, the only way to get one with a FEL in my area is to order it or put a deposit down on inbound dealer stock.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Cathy your right about the MX, the only way to get one with a FEL in my area is to order it or put a deposit down on inbound dealer stock.
What is Cathy right about? She doesn't state a reason, and as for the M being "easy" to find, that depends on where you live. My local dealer hasn't seen an M in months with none on the horizon. I was only able to buy an M at a dealer 600 miles from me and that was just lucky timing. After I put down a deposit there were lots of other interested parties being turned away. I had my M at the dealer for upgrades a couple of weeks ago. It was parked out front and the dealership had numerous inquiries asking if it was for sale.

That said, the MX is an excellent tractor and very different to an M. They both have their uses, and right now, today, given my typical uses, if I had to give up one it'd most likely be the MX. Luckily I'm not in that situation and I will very happily keep both.

Reactions: 1 user

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
I have the tractors shown in my signature and the M is a lot more tractor than the MX ... a lot more!!! The MX is a great tractor, no question, but the M5660, M6060 and M7060 are more farm grade than hobby grade.
I agree. It is a lot more machine. Would not use it for work in the woods.

Reactions: 1 user

McCrosky2004

Equipment
2022 Kubota M5660SUHD 4WD FEL, 1979 Ford 1900 2WD
May 30, 2022
South Louisiana
Well I took the MX for a test drive today and ended up buying buy the M5660. Nothing at all negative to say about the MX, it just wasn’t the step up from my Ford I wanted. As others say and recommend do your research then Test drive them! I know it’s not always easy these days. mcmxi I checked about ordering a M, if ordered today they are saying March/April 2023. So these tractors are also in demand, glad I found this one on the lot to compare to MX. will post pictures in a few weeks when it’s delivered, a few things I wanted on the tractor had to be ordered.

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Well I took the MX for a test drive today and ended up buying buy the M5660. Nothing at all negative to say about the MX, it just wasn’t the step up from my Ford I wanted. As others say and recommend do your research then Test drive them! I know it’s not always easy these days. mcmxi I checked about ordering a M, if ordered today they are saying March/April 2023. So these tractors are also in demand, glad I found this one on the lot to compare to MX. will post pictures in a few weeks when it’s delivered, a few things I wanted on the tractor had to be ordered.
Congratulations! The M60 tractors are a lot of tractor for the money and extremely capable and heavy duty. Hopefully you'll post some photos when you have it.