MX5400 Suspension seat with arm rests - Durafit Seat Cover number?

100AkerWood

Equipment
2021 Kubota MX5400 1973 Kubota B6000 1979 MF245 J-Bar Grapple, Rake & Blade
Mar 2, 2021
Lee County AL
Greetings all,
I am a n:rolleyes::rolleyes:bie to theOrange Tractor Talk site. I will be taking delivery of a MX5400DT later this month...

My tried and true MF 245 still rocks! The MF will still be used to do harrowing and woodsy brush cutting. I own 115 acres of a mixed hardwood/longleaf pine stands with about 15 acres of food plots, So, I have finally decided that its time to get a FEL and grapple so I can play more.

My kids want to get me a birthday gift and my son suggested seat covers for the tractor?

I have noticed several pictures with seat covers on L series and the Durafit website doesn't seem to be "user-friendly." I have searched seat covers on EBay and Amazon. Some mention covers and list Kubota model numbers and just mention M series. (no specific model numbers).

Has anyone put Durafit seat covers on an MX5400 bucket seat with arm rests? If so, what model number will fit the seats? I am partial to the orange camo pattern.

Any help you can provide will be forwarded on to my kids so they can make Dad happier....not that a new tractor won't! :giggle:

Thanks....B:cool:b

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Does your seat look like this one?

22BF8E15-8E06-4E45-BA25-0DCD0A3A0302.jpeg

If so, I think the Durafit is either a KU02 or KU06. Take a photo of your seat and email to Durafit.

If you need help installing I took photos of my installation. Let me know. Great cover so far.

F65F3D9B-13EE-4F4A-BD89-A1B7F16171F6.jpeg

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Greetings all,
I am a n:rolleyes::rolleyes:bie to theOrange Tractor Talk site. I will be taking delivery of a MX5400DT later this month...

My tried and true MF 245 still rocks! The MF will still be used to do harrowing and woodsy brush cutting. I own 115 acres of a mixed hardwood/longleaf pine stands with about 15 acres of food plots, So, I have finally decided that its time to get a FEL and grapple so I can play more.

My kids want to get me a birthday gift and my son suggested seat covers for the tractor?

I have noticed several pictures with seat covers on L series and the Durafit website doesn't seem to be "user-friendly." I have searched seat covers on EBay and Amazon. Some mention covers and list Kubota model numbers and just mention M series. (no specific model numbers).

Has anyone put Durafit seat covers on an MX5400 bucket seat with arm rests? If so, what model number will fit the seats? I am partial to the orange camo pattern.

Any help you can provide will be forwarded on to my kids so they can make Dad happier....not that a new tractor won't! :giggle:

Thanks....B:cool:b
This makes a nice gift too!https://www.specialtyrepairscustommods.com/rear-differential-extension

9DA3723E-1D0E-4572-ACCF-423EA9216104.jpeg

100AkerWood

Equipment
Mar 2, 2021
Lee County AL
Pokey,
Thanks....It appears that the seat in the brochure and pictured below (that was captured from Ebay) is different than yours...

It appears the MX5400 seat is a one-piece seat, not split seat and back....It doesn't appear that the seats are the same...

Fingers crossed that they make a seat cover similar to the ones I posted....Thanks for your speedy reply....

Rear diff pedal upgrade looks better than the bent heel bar that I remember....be well...B :cool:

Attachments

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Pokey,
Thanks....It appears that the seat in the brochure and pictured below (that was captured from Ebay) is different than yours...

It appears the MX5400 seat is a one-piece seat, not split seat and back....It doesn't appear that the seats are the same...

Fingers crossed that they make a seat cover similar to the ones I posted....Thanks for your speedy reply....

Rear diff pedal upgrade looks better than the bent heel bar that I remember....be well...B :cool:
Glad to help if I can. This forum has helped me so much with my orange ownership.

Welcome to the family:)

Toivo

Equipment
MX5400
Sep 1, 2021
Up Nort
100AkerWood, I'm wondering if you ever found the Durafit number for your MX5400? Thanks!

100AkerWood

Equipment
Mar 2, 2021
Lee County AL
100AkerWood, I'm wondering if you ever found the Durafit number for your MX5400? Thanks!
Just getting back on OTT. Never found appropriate Durafitcover . WishI could. Mayb they will make one sometime?

be well. Sure do love my MX5400! It handles a lot of heavy farm work.

GeraldVG

Equipment
M7060, 8' 3008 BushHog and fairly long list of older implements
Hi, 100AkerWood, I am also having difficulty acquiring a seat cover for my MX5400 cab. After Amazon Priming and ruining what I thought might do the job, I finally called Durafit and asked if they make a cover for my tractor with the seat upgraded to an airlift seat with armrests. I was told "NO" but that they "might someday".

For now, I am going to try cutting around the armrest mounts and pulling the backrest cover down as far as I can, sweet-talking my seamstress spouse who hates doing anything related to upholstering into fabricating something to go over the seat bottom out of whatever is left of the seat cover I bought, and periodically washing the plastic-covered armrests, fully expecting that solution is going to cost me dearly.

Not a very satisfactory solution, but the best I can come up with so far. Everything being said, I think I'm deeper in the kimchee than you are. 😒:unsure:😣

100AkerWood

Equipment
Mar 2, 2021
Lee County AL
Hi, 100AkerWood, I am also having difficulty acquiring a seat cover for my MX5400 cab. After Amazon Priming and ruining what I thought might do the job, I finally called Durafit and asked if they make a cover for my tractor with the seat upgraded to an airlift seat with armrests. I was told "NO" but that they "might someday".

For now, I am going to try cutting around the armrest mounts and pulling the backrest cover down as far as I can, sweet-talking my seamstress spouse who hates doing anything related to upholstering into fabricating something to go over the seat bottom out of whatever is left of the seat cover I bought, and periodically washing the plastic-covered armrests, fully expecting that solution is going to cost me dearly.

Not a very satisfactory solution, but the best I can come up with so far. Everything being said, I think I'm deeper in the kimchee than you are. 😒:unsure:😣
Well,, I am not as deep in kimchee as you for sure....My dad did two tours in Korea and he made good kimchee....Glad he didn't bury it in the backyard to mature....

I have done upholstery work my since college.... I could sew up a cover if I really wanted one but I thought $30 was gonna be an easier out than jumping up and down on the tractor to make a cover and then I would spend a day working on it rather than a day on the tractor....

A friend gave me an automobile wooden ball back massager for my MF245 so I am thinking that I might get one of those instead and not worry about arm covers....Actually, I am usually packing on my right side and don't use that armrest.

I hope you honey will not add a whole lot more to your honey-do list for the seamstress work....Be well and stay safe....