MX5400/MX6000 Cab model

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Does anyone know if a right side door latch like the one on the left door is available sure would make reaching inside to move the 3 point arms a lot easier. I always forget to unlatch the door from the inside before I gat out. :). I didn't see anything in the parts manual.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
I would talk to your dealer, but I see what you mean. I checked the parts list for that machine. The only thing I can think of is to get the entire assembly from something like a grand L series. I think Messicks may have a video about the mx6000 and possibly up grades.

Reactions: 1 users

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
I just bought an MX6000 cab. I had the dealer order the parts to get the RH latch. $376 in parts, so it can be done. Like you, I reach in to operate the 3 point hitch height while hooking to an attachment. I also will open that door to start the engine sometimes. The MX cab is the same as the Grand L cab, but it is also missing the latches to open the rear quarter windows. These could be added, but the glass would need to be drilled and the hinges added also. I guess that’s why the Grand L costs more…

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I just bought an MX6000 cab. I had the dealer order the parts to get the RH latch. $376 in parts, so it can be done. Like you, I reach in to operate the 3 point hitch height while hooking to an attachment. I also will open that door to start the engine sometimes. The MX cab is the same as the Grand L cab, but it is also missing the latches to open the rear quarter windows. These could be added, but the glass would need to be drilled and the hinges added also. I guess that’s why the Grand L costs more…

I just installed the right side door latch parts on our new MX cab model tractor I really think Kubota should have made them standard with these parts.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Couple pictures of the right hand door with a latch like they come with on the left side In my opinion these machines should come from Kubota with this door latch instead of the cheap garbage that they ship with.

tempImageOpcn5B.jpg

tempImageM7LujL.jpg

Last edited:

troverman

Equipment
Jun 9, 2015
NH
I agree. The dealer is doing this to my MX6000 as we speak - I could certain do it myself, but its a brand new machine so they are doing it as part of the prep. I've also wondered about retrofitting the right-side step like the Grand L 60 machines have. However, they don't have the valve in the same place. Not as big a deal to me, since I don't try to get in and out on the right side. And keep in mind most of the competition does the same thing as Kubota...left side access only, right side emergency exit. I just think if you go to all the trouble of an entire opening glass door, why not make it easy to open from the outside?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
That's a nice upgrade, and now on my wish list.
I know Kubota doesn't want you to step on the loader valve cover and that's why they don't give you the right side latch but I just needed a better way to get in that side of the tractor to access the controls and the latch just made sense for me. It took me maybe 20 minutes to install the parts I think the parts are way over priced but it is what it is.

troverman

Equipment
Jun 9, 2015
NH
They don’t include the latch to keep the price down, and because the competition doesn’t include a latch either.

troverman

Equipment
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Beat me to.
I stopped at the dealer to drop off my Bro-Tek rear spacers. Should be able to take delivery by the end of the week I hope.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I wonder how many cowpokes saddle-up on the off-side… :unsure:

What would truly be helpful would be in tractor mfr’s would standardize rear-access to 3-pt controls. Some models have that feature. I’ve considered welding a short extension to my 3-pt lift-control beneath the open-station. (It was a really simple matter to change implements on the old Ford N.) 🤣