MX5100D Tractor Purchase

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
I just joined the forums and am getting ready to purchase a used 2013 MX5100D 4WD with HST with 270 hours and a Ansung 2150b loader and would like to ask what items I should look for? It's clean no apparent oil leaks, R4 tires look good, the loader is brand new, it has a canopy on the ROPS. Everything seems to work. The hours seem low for a 7 year old machine. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Reactions: 1 user

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have found a nice machine. Many owners don’t put many hours on their tractors it is not uncommon to have 270 hours after 7 years. Are you buying from a dealer or private? As you comment it is important to check that everything works as it should and to check for leaks. Does the tractor come with an operators manual? Make sure to get one as it will cover maintenance.

My recommendation would be to do a full service on the tractor, so you have a benchmark for future maintenance. I recommend that you replace engine oil and filter, hydraulic oil and 2 filters, air filter, change fluid in front axle, grease everything and check all pedal linkages are adjusted correct. All covered in detail in the operators manual.

A mx5100D is a manual gearbox, if yours is HST, it will be a MX 5100 HST.

Good luck with your new tractor,

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
A non-Kubota loader would generally lower the price a bit. And a new loader on an old tractor is worth about the same as an old loader on an old tractor - i.e. the age of the tractor is what matters unless the loader is totally worn out.

I'm not familiar with Ansung, however.