MX4800 price check and reviews

JD88

Equipment
L 2501
Dec 26, 2015
Ignacio Colorado
Hi so I am looking into trading my L2501 off and looking at the mx 4800. The dealer quoted $28,900 for the mx and I haven't gotten pics to them for my 2501 What's everybody's thoughts on the price and the reviews on the 4800. Thanks

aarolar

Aug 26, 2012
Augusta GA
Had mine almost 2 years now and loving every second of it absolutely no issues whatsoever mine is 2wd with no loader I paid right at 20 I think. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Greenhead

Equipment
L4400, MX5100
Oct 13, 2014
Fond du Lac, WI
We need a lot more information. 4x4? Loader? New? Hours? Tires?

We have the MX5100 and it is very well proportioned as to weight/HP.
The 4800 is the same tractor minus the turbo. That may be an issue due to the elevation. The turbo will compensate for that. The only bad thing is it's very light in the rear end. Be sure the tires are filled and use ballast (implement or weight box) for loader work.

Trading up will be like going from a Datsun pickup to a 1 ton turbo diesel pickup...

aarolar

Aug 26, 2012
Augusta GA
We need a lot more information. 4x4? Loader? New? Hours? Tires?

We have the MX5100 and it is very well proportioned as to weight/HP.
The 4800 is the same tractor minus the turbo. That may be an issue due to the elevation. The turbo will compensate for that. The only bad thing is it's very light in the rear end. Be sure the tires are filled and use ballast (implement or weight box) for loader work.

Trading up will be like going from a Datsun pickup to a 1 ton turbo diesel pickup...
I will agree about it being light in the back end I ran it awhile with unloaded tires and it was useless.

aarolar

Aug 26, 2012
Augusta GA
Yes it is brand new 4x4 with loader and we are very high here almost 7000 feet and that included loaded tires
I think that's a very good price, I just paid 5216$ for a loader to add to mine after the fact.

2zwudz

Nov 26, 2016
Rochester illinois
I just bought mine for $28500 cash. That's the price the dealer started with and he would not negotiate. I'm very happy with mine. I may have to add some weight to the rear. The loader is stronger than the size/weight of the tractor.

Greenhead

Equipment
L4400, MX5100
Oct 13, 2014
Fond du Lac, WI
If it has HST that price seems good.
I'm sure he will attempt to low ball your trade. Be ready for that.
Look at the tractor sales sites to get a feel for what yours is worth.
If you are close to a deal tell him you really wanted the MX5100 because of the turbo and elevation. The difference between the two in HP is negligible unless you will be maxing out the tractor daily. He may sweeten the deal. He is a professional negotiator, the rest of us not so much. If anything, ask him to throw in the 50 hour service.

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
I chose the MX5200 over the MX4800 mainly because of the extendable 3 pt links and telescoping stabilizers. I couldn't imagine having to use the turnbuckles. That and the turbo are really the only difference between the two. I'm happy with mine.

Dalroo

Equipment
MX4800DT
Aug 24, 2015
Brookesmith, TX
I purchased 4800DT, 4WD, R1, with loader last year. Got package quotes from 2 dealers a few dollars either way of $28,400. Included 72" heavy duty rotary mower, and 72" box blade. Went with the closer dealer and was able to negotiate delivery into deal at no extra charge.

If were to do again, would add rear remotes and load tires. Added Quick Hitch for a couple of hundred bucks, and don't worry about telescoping lower links. Just back up, hook on, and go to work. Using the QH I can change between implements in a couple of minutes, mostly without getting out of seat. Only exception is hooking up PTO to mower.

Great tractor for my work. I'm at about 90 hours and no issues.

JD88

Equipment
L 2501
Dec 26, 2015
Ignacio Colorado
Great thanks guys so they are in the ball park now all I have to see how bad it will hurt to trade my L2501 in. I thought about trying to sell it out right but who can compete with 0% financing