MX4800 HST stock top link length?

trackman23

Equipment
MX4800
Nov 22, 2023
NC
Hi folks, I can find part numbers online but no dimensions for the standard top link that would have come with my MX4800 HST from the factory. The one that is on my machine seems short as there is quite a bit of thread showing on both ends and I want to be sure that i still have enough threads inside the barrel.

Any idea what length the toplink should be and also, what is the minimum amount of threads that should be in the barrel to be safe?

Thanks,

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
When I had a 9N with a threaded top-link…. I cross-drilled the threads with a small bit to give an indication of when I had 4-threads left inside the collar. I consider 4 threads to be a minimum engagement. (if you look at the collar where it shrinks-down to the engagement-threads… there’s no advantage of having more threaded rod inside a hollow collar.… and my top-link collar only had about 6 threads of engagement at each end.)

Get a longer top-link. They swap-out easy.

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
Hi folks, I can find part numbers online but no dimensions for the standard top link that would have come with my MX4800 HST from the factory. The one that is on my machine seems short as there is quite a bit of thread showing on both ends and I want to be sure that i still have enough threads inside the barrel.

Any idea what length the toplink should be and also, what is the minimum amount of threads that should be in the barrel to be safe?

Thanks,
I don't have the measurement handy for the factory top link off my MX6000 but it hasn't been on the tractor since it was new. It was to short for the implements that I use on my MX6000.