MX 6000 Third Function Valve

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
A close friend of mine is interested in an MX 6000 ROPS and I am advising him regarding options, etc.

I cannot find the third function valve for the MX 6000 ROPS on the Kubota Build It Yourself website.

Is this aftermarket only or has Kubota removed it from the site due to availability issues?

SDT

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
When I was talking to my dealer, the only kit he showed was a dealer installed landpride unit. Kubota doesn’t make a 3rd function from the factory. I went with a self installed summit kit again. After having good luck on my LX.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
When I was talking to my dealer, the only kit he showed was a dealer installed landpride unit. Kubota doesn’t make a 3rd function from the factory. I went with a self installed summit kit again. After having good luck on my LX.
Thank you.

Did the Summit valve come with good installation instructions?

How long did it take to install it?

How much did it cost?

Can you buy directly from Summit or must you buy through a Kubota dealer?

Thanks, again.

SDT

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia

$579.

The instructions for the MX are far, far better than the LX. Took me a few days to install, I was working as time permitted off and on after work. I still need to do the electrical. If you sat down and worked till finished, I would say it could be done in an hour, maybe 2. Its only a bracket and 2 hose connections to tractor loader valve, and running hoses up front with another bracket. Then the electrical side of it.

Any other questions, ask away. I can take pictures if needed too.