MX-6000 Likes and Dislikes.

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
So like the title says looking for the owners of the MX-6000's. Started out looking at a L2501 with loader and ended up with a MX-6000 with a loade. A mix up with two salesman kept me from buying the L2501 and the next ones I found had a very high price increase. Found this MX-6000 150 miles from home so I just made the trip yesterday and pickup it up. Ran it about four hours so far and love it.

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Soo…you already bought it and own it and love it… but you want people to tell you bad stuff about your choice?
For one thing…it’s Orange and not Green and Yellow. Oh…Wait… that’s not bad. 👍😇

(Congratulations! Good choice!)

Here’s two links: Watch them in the order listed… and THEN tell me how you feel about Orange vx Green:

JD 4M vx Kubota MX

Messick‘s Rebuttal

Last edited:

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Have only put about 8 or so hours on mine since picking it up. It is about 3 times the weight and hp the LX was, and I absolutely loved the LX.

Reactions: 1 users

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
It needs an air ride #L6026 if cab or l6063 rops. I would also suggest the drop drawbar if you plan to pull any pull type implements. The drop drawbar fixes the geometry issues for pull type cat 1-2.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I've had mine since February when I bought it with about 1 hour on it and have close to 60 hours on it now and have loved every minute using it. I owned a BX for five years, learned a lot but ultimately it simply wasn't enough "tractor" for what I need. The MX is incredible and the only regret I have is not buying a cab model, but I'll almost definitely be correcting that mistake next spring.

It is such a capable tractor with almost effortless power. On a bumpy field the limitations of the seat show up but for someone with 20 acres that does dirt work, grading, grapple work, mowing, snow removal and more it's the perfect size. I added three rear remotes, top-n-tilt, 3rd function valve, LEDs (in progress), and a quick hitch and it's an excellent set up for what I need. I'm not joking when I say that I removed more dirt and rocks in 2 hours with the MX than I did over four or five days with the BX.

Funnily enough, I thought the MX was massive when I first saw it at the dealership. I still thought it was massive when I got it home and started using it. Now that the BX is a distant memory I think the MX is kind of small! I was seriously considering buying an M7060D last week with 8 hours on it but my friend who runs the local dealership talked me out of it. He told me I wouldn't be happy with it and that I should wait for an MX6000 with a cab.

I got to sit in and drive a few feet in an M6-141 this afternoon ... now THAT'S a tractor!!

20210629_133743.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
John Deere might make a good tractor, but I can't get past the putrid yellow and green paint combination. It looks tolerable on the really big stuff but it's gross on the smaller stuff. After owning a BX for five years, an MX for close to five months and a GL7000 generator I have no intention of ever looking at anything other than Kubota for my needs, for the foreseeable future at least.

The dishonest comparisons and the total a'holes that work at the local JD dealership have guaranteed that I'll never buy a John Deere product again. I had a JD mower/tractor in 2012 and 2013 and it was a pile of junk.

Last edited:

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
Geohorn Thanks for the links. Its pretty green around here on this farm other than the blue planter, yellow sprayer, Grasshopper mower, S-850 skid loader and the Agco ST-25 and now the MX-6000. I looked a little at JD compacts just didn't care for them. Always had heard good things about kubota's . Have a friend that runs the wheels off the Kubota's zero turns. Not a lot of Kubota tractors around my area. Don't have a strong dealer close. This MX-6000 has no cab. It won't be used in the winter. Skid loader for snow. This MX-6000 will be my side by side like the ST-25 was. I do a ton of spot spraying fields and pastures during the summer and put a three point carrier on the back and cut cedars out of the pastures and CRP during the summer. The MX-6000 will spent some time on a trailer getting moved from farm to farm may road it a little more than I did the AGCO. Its going to be nice to have a loader for the smaller jobs. Put the sprayer on the Kubota this A.M. and sprayed with it all day . I am really liking the Hydro on it. Real smooth.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
MX6000s have a lot of problems.

1. It’s far too powerful.
2. It’s stable.
3. It’s a great deal in the Kubota line.

I’ll trade you even for my L2501 to get rid of those problems for you. ;)

As far as JD goes, there are some features that the Kubota doesn’t have especially in mid mount mowers in larger tractors. They also have good resale value. I like the Kubota lineup better, so I didn’t seriously consider JD.

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Geohorn Thanks for the links. Its pretty green around here on this farm other than the blue planter, yellow sprayer, Grasshopper mower, S-850 skid loader and the Agco ST-25 and now the MX-6000. I looked a little at JD compacts just didn't care for them. Always had heard good things about kubota's . Have a friend that runs the wheels off the Kubota's zero turns. Not a lot of Kubota tractors around my area. Don't have a strong dealer close. This MX-6000 has no cab. It won't be used in the winter. Skid loader for snow. This MX-6000 will be my side by side like the ST-25 was. I do a ton of spot spraying fields and pastures during the summer and put a three point carrier on the back and cut cedars out of the pastures and CRP during the summer. The MX-6000 will spent some time on a trailer getting moved from farm to farm may road it a little more than I did the AGCO. Its going to be nice to have a loader for the smaller jobs. Put the sprayer on the Kubota this A.M. and sprayed with it all day . I am really liking the Hydro on it. Real smooth.
Can you provide some details on your sprayer that you're running with the MX. Brand, capacity, does it work well, etc.

I have a 50 gallon sprayer that I bought for the BX and haven't even checked to see if it'll work with the MX i.e. PTO interface. To be honest it's not a very good sprayer in that it seems to be made with lots of cheap parts and fittings, but it wasn't that cheap. I'd like to get something better with more boom, less leaks, and more capacity.

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
The sprayer I am using on the MX is the same one I had on the AGCO S-25. Its nothing special. For years I had a homemade forty gallon I ran on the AGCO. Then I ran across a TSC Fimco sixty gallon that had never been used for half price of a new one. Nice to have another twenty gallons of mix with you. Its CAT one and I run a six roller pump it has a ten foot boom and I have fifty foot of hose with a hand wand. This sprayer is mostly used for spot spraying in the summer and it works fine. I have a three hundred gallon pull type with thirty foot booms for spring pasture spraying. Normally pull it with a JD 4440 and then we have a SP sprayer for our crop spraying. I think now that I have the MX I will probably get a hundred gallon sprayer with a little bigger booms and a hose reel with hundred feet of hose on it for spot spraying.

Jaymedic44

Equipment
Mx6000 F3680 ZD1211 RTV1100
Aug 8, 2021
Pennsylvania
My only two complaints with the mx6000 are it should come standard with a drop hitch. stock one is useless if you want to pull a PTO driven mower.
Second is you cannot put a backhoe on a cab model.
im stuck with a rops tractor because I use a backhoe.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
My only two complaints with the mx6000 are it should come standard with a drop hitch. stock one is useless if you want to pull a PTO driven mower.
Second is you cannot put a backhoe on a cab model.
im stuck with a rops tractor because I use a backhoe.
The first issue is easily resolved but the second one is a biggie. I think I'd rather have the cab model and rent a backhoe when needed as opposed to keep the ROPS model so that I can have a feature that I'll use infrequently. The backhoe on my BX was useful but I hated taking it on and off. In a perfect world I'd have a tractor set up permanently with a backhoe and another without, or maybe an excavator and tractor would be the better solution.

Bmarty

Equipment
MX6000
Apr 12, 2021
Texas
Finally got the loader on mine today. Also had them put the arm rests on and so far I love it. Been using it without the loader for about two months, now it just feels so much more stout. I’m happy with mine.
CA250669-5C1E-4E55-99BE-77C21D882D96.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Congratulations. I added an MX this spring. I ordered BH at same time but had a bit of a wait to get. Just got the back hoe in September. Still in the honeymoon, so far it’s an incredible difference from my other which is a B. Only minus is that for the capability of the MX, unless level ground, it’s almost worthless from a loader lift and manuver standpoint without ballast. I did not expect such a long wait to get the BH so we did not fill the tires initially as they come off for the Bh install. Anyway it’s all together now with loaded tires as well as wheel weights and I have a BH that can install/remove fairly quickly. So far exceeding expectations. If you plan to use pallet forks or much loader work consider loading the tires, and if in tight quarters, weights help in combinations with the loaded tires.
It would be helpful if there were tie down locations up front for trailering. For now I have been chaining through loader frame. It’s very secure. Front axle not a good choice the way the steering bits and pieces are located. In bottom pic we fixed a a log skidder of sorts…if you do wood you can imagination how it works. It’s modular so it can be used in a variety of combinations and tasks. That in combination with the HST and increased power and weight from the BH have made this a very capable machine in the wood lot.
AF2FA187-51CD-4AA7-857B-7A97F17A0FC9.jpeg
B9C91E32-1B44-474A-AC9F-7C74F17D4DC7.jpeg

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
@rc51stierhoff, congratulations on the MX. I'd love to have a back hoe again and the idea of leaving it on all year round is appealing. I'm ok with switching out FEL and 3-point implements but I never enjoyed swapping out the FEL or back hoe on the BX25. Those back hoes are hard to get according to my dealer.