MX 6000 50 hour service

Keadog

Equipment
MX 6000
Dec 22, 2021
Ohio
I started the 50 hour service on my MX 6000 today. Engine oil wasn't real dark but didn't look new either. Going to dissect the old oil filter tomorrow to check for any metal shavings. Didn't use any oil at all from dipstick checks.

Decided to change out all the hydraulic fluid instead of just the filters but can't seem to find anything in the manual about the front gear case oil except the spot where it says change at 800 hours. Is that correct? Does anyone know if it should be changed as well at 50 hours as a "break-in" procedure?
Thanks.

I'm surprised how fast I rolled up on 50 hours (well, 49.9) but this thing has been great! Very pleased with its performance so far.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I change the front gear case out at 50 hours just to get rid of the SUDT2 the factory put in for some good gear oil 80/90 weight.
Screen Shot 2022-09-17 at 7.58.18 PM.png

Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I just did the 50 hour service on my MX6000 last month. The hydro filter magnets had very little metal filings on them and the fluid was clean. I just changed the filters and topped off the hydro fluid. When I drained it, the engine oil wasn’t very dirty either. I used Valvoline synthetic for the new oil fill. I have never changed axle fluid for break in and since Kubota didn’t specify doing that at 50 hours, I didn’t change it. Like you I am very impressed with the machine: the capability and stability are really noticeable coming from a previous smaller machine.

Keadog

Equipment
MX 6000
Dec 22, 2021
Ohio
Thanks both. I'm doing the hydraulic fluid/filters today. Is the SUDT2/80-90W a "controversy" or does it seem to matter? Manual says either I think. In any event, I don't have enough SUDT2 to do the front case today and will have to buy whatever ends up seeming "best". I won't be putting many more hours on it this season anyhow, so waiting a little longer for the front case shouldn't matter.

Yes, I came from an L4300DT purchased new in 2001. I was very fond of that machine but this one is more powerful, more stable, the adjustable side links make putting on implements much easier and the R14s are far easier on my turf than the R1s were even though this machine is significantly heavier. Not to mention quick detach loader with 3rd function and rear remotes with a hydraulic top link. Zero nostalgia...

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
I use the Kubota gear oil in front axle and use same oil in my tiller. Others have commented that the SUDT2 is thinner and my be more prone to leak at the seals earlier.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Thanks both. I'm doing the hydraulic fluid/filters today. Is the SUDT2/80-90W a "controversy" or does it seem to matter? Manual says either I think. In any event, I don't have enough SUDT2 to do the front case today and will have to buy whatever ends up seeming "best". I won't be putting many more hours on it this season anyhow, so waiting a little longer for the front case shouldn't matter.

Yes, I came from an L4300DT purchased new in 2001. I was very fond of that machine but this one is more powerful, more stable, the adjustable side links make putting on implements much easier and the R14s are far easier on my turf than the R1s were even though this machine is significantly heavier. Not to mention quick detach loader with 3rd function and rear remotes with a hydraulic top link. Zero nostalgia...
The service tech at my dealer said that either SUDT or gear oil was acceptable for the front axle, but don’t mix them. If you choose to use gear oil, you should drain the axle first.

Reactions: 1 user